ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Undo Layer bug

Gallery
    View images

Undo Layer bug

One very irritating bug :twisted:

Ok here's how to replicate it...

1) make some artwork
    2) make a new layer
    3) move the new layer down in the layer stack
    4) now undo a few times

You end up loosing your art work layer (get some strange stuff if redo after undoing as well).

Gallery
    View images
    Thanks for that Aldrik.

I've managed to see this one here, and we're currently checking that bug out. Sorry for the inconvenience!
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Gallery
    View images
    And in the distance, if you listen closely, you can hear the faint sounds of AndyRage pulling his hair out...

Actually this is cool - it highlighted a couple of bugs which I'm clobbering now. Thanks for your vigilance!
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Gallery
    View images
    Arh there was no real inconvenience (was just playing about). Glad I could help, strange that not one else had come across this one.

8)

Gallery
    View images
    Well I've known there was a bug in the undo system for a while, but hadn't been able to pin down a definite way of reproducing it reliably.
    That's probably not the *only* bug in the Undo system, but it was a pretty good one to have fixed.

Gallery
    View images
    He should get a reward for this... like let him have extra paint or something! I hate it when I run out of paint.

D.

Gallery
    View images
    Is this the bug that used to leave holes through the image that looked like bricks missing from a wall?

Is it really fixed?
    Luck is infatuated with the efficient.

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by drzeller
    He should get a reward for this... like let him have extra paint or something! I hate it when I run out of paint.

D.
    "You have run out of 'blue'. Please subscribe to another 4MB of 'blue' to continue..."
    Curses, you've discovered our evil corporate strategy.

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by Aged P
    Is this the bug that used to leave holes through the image that looked like bricks missing from a wall?

Is it really fixed?
    Well one bug is fixed. But dont worry, there are always plenty more to discover.
    One of the manifestations of the aforementioned bug was it could potentially leave square-artifacted holes and shapes, yes. But then, almost any bug with the undo system has the potential to do the same.

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRage
    Quote Originally Posted by Aged P

Is it really fixed?
    Well one bug is fixed. But dont worry, there are always plenty more to discover.
    One of the manifestations of the aforementioned bug was it could potentially leave square-artifacted holes and shapes, yes. But then, almost any bug with the undo system has the potential to do the same.
    Actually, Andy could not find the problem, so they quickly implemented the trowel tool and added cement and brick to the palette...

D.