ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I care.

I care.

Dear Artragers:
    I just want to let everyone know that I looked into many forums in the art world of the web. This one is the best that I have seen. I hope that a person that just left was not implicating me. I know of the problem, but that is as far as it has gone. I had hoped that this would not get "ugly." It all is just so silly really and there have been misunderstandings.
    Please know that everyone here has been so friendly and caring, encouraging, and such a joy to know. I hope that this does not upset the balance here, and if so I pray for a speedy recovery.
    I hope all can still be friends,
    Alexandra

Question

I guess I must have missed a thread someplace, because I have no idea what you're talking about, lol.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Me too. But perhaps I don't want to know.

I like the friendly sentiment though.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Worry Not Alex, the force has brought the balance back into place

We love this place, it is genuine, kind, respectful, pleasant, i could go on naming attributes forever. It is this way because we have an awesome Community Manager, Dave, it is Dave's excellence and understanding that helps this forum be what it is, a place of warm hugs and encouragement to say the least, in saying that we have some awesome very loyal long term members who encourage this vision, a vision of peace, love and harmony, of encouragement and respect for our fellow members above all.

Let the show go on, everyone who has been effected of late, you know who you are, let the water pass under the bridge, as we move onto the future, a future that resembles the pleasantness and kindness that drew me to this forum in the 1st place

Alright enough soppyness from me lol
    Vista Business SP2 - 32 bit
    Hardrives - 320Gb main
    MB - Intel Core 2 CPU@2.4Ghz

Memory
    - 2 Gb
    Graphics Card
    - NVidiaGeForce 8800GT,190.62
    Cuda

Monitor
    - Hewlett Packard 22

AR3 Studio Professional Unleash The Full Power

Thanks guys for posting. It is something I was new to-and really didn't know how to handle it actually. It is something as Silentman stated, let it pass like water under the bridge.
    D-Akey, it is best not to know it-it is very one of those mysterious things where one is left wondering "what the hay just happened here? I would like to add that your posts have given me, and I am sure other's so many chuckles and entertainment. You are a blast.
    Someonesane-be glad that you missed it!

I've lost count of the times that I've commented on the unique sense of commumity that these forums provide and foster. That having been said, no community is perfect and without conflict. I've had a few occasions to discuss with members some "issues" with other members and I've come to the conclusion that most of the time it comes down to either a passion for what we do here or a matter of poorly chosen words.

It has always been a fact that the written word must be carefully thought out, as it carries little or no vocal inflection in most cases. What one person may write in jest, another may take as insulting, or as a slight. One can also infer that the lack of an expected response implies a response in and of itself. For example: I have been making far less than my usual amount of postings lately in response to new works. Well, I didn't want to whine here about my back problems. I trust that this community knows that I'm here and will continue to be, hopefully, an integral part of it.

Alexandra, I know you well enough to trust that whatever conflict (or whatever) you experienced was not of your instigation. That being the case, you have no reason to feel guilt. Sadness? You can feel sadness. Hurt? You can feel hurt. But please know that this community treasures you.
    Last edited by RobertSWade; 09-26-2009 at 05:52 PM.

I am aware of exactly what happened.
    Alexandra you where not involved.
    We are lessened by an absence. As for balance, I like the unbalanced, even if I don't agree with their leanings. I admire their passion.
    This is foremost an Art forum, all the great artists were unbalanced to a greater or lesser degree, it's what drove them, that's something you can't learn from a book or studying a manual.
    So give me the intellectual stimulation of a opposite point of view, well made by a quick mind over a saccharine cliché any day thanks.

Dear Alexandra, I don't know what happened either but I would just like to say that Artrage and the forums are one of the best things that has happened to me. I have never been in a forum before that has offered help, love, understanding and friendship. It has helped me through a tough time and I hope I can offer help and friendship to anyone who would ask. Or maybe they wouldnt ask but hey friends can tell when help is required. You are all such a wonderful bunch of people and I echo everything that Robert has said, and Fraser you are so right.
    Its a wonderful place with wonderful people and I hope dear Alexandra that everything will be ok for you, friends yes of course.
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Bob, Coops, Fraser:
    Thank you so much, it was one of those situations that I knew of and dangerously assumed (you know what assumed really adds up to-ass u me)that I had been "the one" under attack. I am so thankful for the comments, as I felt it so important to state that everyone here is special. I am sorry for Rose and don't know every part of the story as I am new. I choose to remain unaware of sorts. I wish her well and send my prayers and apologies for any misunderstandings that have happened her way.
    Artrage is a healing place I think. I think goodness and kindness especially with laughter is indeed medicine. I never had been part of a forum before. We all have troubles in our lives, and stress, and pain, and it seems I have had a plate full for the last-oh nineteen years. Marriage and parenthood does indeed have it's up's and down's.
    I started out here, too eager perhaps and over excited. I apologize. It was so nice to be part of a group again, and with whom I share such great enthusiasm. Art is me, it is my blood, my oxygen, my love, my friend, my peace at times in this world.
    My husband is part of a dirtbike forum, as he repairs and rides dirtbikes. Some of them very old like the husquavarna. He really enjoys his forum. My daughter is into books. She is a wonderful intellectual, and loves to talk to different folks about books especially fantasy books and the vampire novels . My son, he is a miracle of sorts. I would love to share his story one day. He helped transform me in many ways.
    About three years or so ago I was looking for an inexpensive art program for my mac as times were a bit tough. I found AR. A wealth of a program in an affordable package. I could not believe it. I downloaded the freebie, and was hooked. Had to buy it. Then I sent Andy a picture I had drawn. He was so welcoming and invited me to the forum. Then something very very tragic happened to someone I loved very much. I was unable to visit until this summer. Everything is okay now, another miracle...and I felt myself drawn to the socialization of- as Fraser so well described as passionate and stimulating-the members of Artrage. I prefer directness, and as Robert stated, it is wise to carefully choose words. And even then, sometimes feelings are hurt. I am such a dimwit at times and hope that if I have hurt anyone-please forgive me. Like Caesar's pinup poster-I turned red from head to toe. A friend of mine giggled and said: "Sandy, this is great!" "You are such an innocent." I guess I will always wear t-shirts and jeans and take in strays and have mud on my shoes. I really am hopeless at times myself. Caesar, you are a Leonardo, and I mean this. I am such a dummy! Hope if you read this Caesar- you can overlook my ignorance yet again. I am hoping with time here, I can become less embarrassed and relax a little more.
    Finally I will pause to say love to all,
    Alex

Wonderful letter Alex, wonderfully written and straight from the heart. I get the feeling that you are a little like myself. Trusting and wear your heart as well as your feelings on your sleeve. It can be a hinderance but boy it can be such a blessing as in our own little way people see us for what we are. Don't be embarressed, they don't come much blonder than me (well thats what it says on the bottle) and you know what they say about blondes.
    Chin up, chest out and on with the show. Just enjoy this wonderful place with its wonderful people.
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307