ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Ninja Turtles fan-character

Ninja Turtles fan-character

Here is a picture of my fan-character, Sofonisba. She's named after a female renaissance painter, and unlike the other turtles, she is not a ninja, but rather a gaucho-type raised in Brazil. Her weapons are the machete and bolas, and when she first meets the turtles, she speaks only Portuguese and Spanish, but will likely learn English in order to communicate with them.

Her attire is different since she grew up roping cattle, and is not accustomed to hiding from people since the neighbours in her village all knew her and treated her as an equal.

I'm attempting an action pose but I'm not that good at them, nor am I great at perspective. I do like how the background turned out though. I gave her a different type of costume so people wouldn't confuse her with Venus from the live action series, and her mask is mainly for design purposes. She might be into Zorro and Anime as well, but either way, I don't think she'd be complete without the mask.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SofonisbaInAction.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	135.3 KB 
ID:	33523  

Welcome to the ArtRage forum sanjouin-dacapo. You've created a very nice character concept. The Ninja Turtles were one of my favorite cartoons when I was growing up.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Thank you! I actually joined sometime last year and made some posts, but thanks for the welcome. I'm glad you like my concept! The picture was done entirely in a low-pressure dry oil-brush with some palette-knife here and there and multiple layers. Got any suggestions or help for anatomy and poses?

I've become fascinated with Brazil and their Portuguese dialect in the past year or so, and that gave me the idea for a South American mutant turtle who spoke Portuguese, and even had a different style of dress and fighting. In a college course I had taken a couple years ago, I was taught about Sofonisba Anguissola, and just in the past couple weeks that gave me a good idea for a female mutant turtle's name.

Quote Originally Posted by Someonesane View Post
    Welcome to the ArtRage forum sanjouin-dacapo. You've created a very nice character concept. The Ninja Turtles were one of my favorite cartoons when I was growing up.

I also love that background you made! wow beautiful. As far as the figure... don't know much about ninja turtles but the hands look a bit large for the arms. The right arm could be a bit longer and I know it is bent. Her right leg should be bigger it wouldn't fade that much in size due to perspective.
    Beautiful concept though and wonderful stuff going on in the background with thinner and circles and stuff. Love it!