Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Has The Weather Gone Mad, what do ya reckon??

Gallery
    View images

Question Has The Weather Gone Mad, what do ya reckon??

1st we had some pretty severe flooding here in Coffs, flooding that was unprecedented, i have some pretty amazing photo's of my sons school going under, and the end of my street going under, which to my knowledge has never flooded before, Ever!! These floods happened several times in different areas around the Mid Northern Coast of Australia.

Next we have extremely hot weather, in the late 20 degrees Celsius in winter, it should be no more than between 14 and 18. Spring has been more like the middle of Summer, until Yesterday, when we had the 1st Dust Storm that has ever reached Coffs Harbour in all of documented history, since the very early 1900's.

Now the weather for the most part seems to have gone back to normal, it's the temperature one would expect it to be, for the time of year, i mean the Suns strength feels right, if you know what i mean, where as before the Dust Storm it felt really abnormal, like it had super strength or something, my kids would complain about playing in the Sun cause it was so damn hot, i can't remember even worrying about that as a kid, in Coffs.

So i ask the question, Has the weather gone mad, is it completely out of kilter??

Whats the weather been like in your part of the world ?

Has the weather seemed normal or very unusual to you ?
    Vista Business SP2 - 32 bit
    Hardrives - 320Gb main
    MB - Intel Core 2 CPU@2.4Ghz

Memory
    - 2 Gb
    Graphics Card
    - NVidiaGeForce 8800GT,190.62
    Cuda

Monitor
    - Hewlett Packard 22

AR3 Studio Professional Unleash The Full Power

Gallery
    View images
    Hey, we are entering fall here in the US. Now we have nine dead and one missing in Atlanta! We were in a drought so severe that there was a ban on any unnecessary water usage this summer, and now flooding. One area, this has never happened since the history of weather has been documented. Back in 94, we had such severe flooding that the streets were flooding down from me and I couldn't leave my area. Now more rain today, and our creeks are so swollen, that I was sure to get my groceries yesterday, as I was getting a bit concerned. In the south, snow is very rare. 93-we suffered a blizzard, and lost power for two weeks, and many people died! My husband phoned me from New Orleans, and told me to get out of there fast. I had a baby, and you know how it is with a baby, you have so many things, diapers, food etc. I thought I would be able to handle it since I had a gas stove in the kitchen. It came in with a fury, and no power, no well, and I ended up putting a mattress in the living room with all of the blankets and covering her and myself up until I could get rescued. My sister and her friend had a jeep and she came to my rescue. Since then, I we had one more child, and they are just about grown, I listen-I don't want to be in that position again! I will send you a PM also as I have one more thing to say, and I don't want to say anything controversial and start a flamer.

Gallery
    View images
    Silentman,

Because you ask if my weather is normal or otherwise, it has been unusual for the past year. More snow than I can remember last winter, and the coolest summer (over now). Midwest USA. But nothing life threatening like Alexandra went through. I think what is happening globally with the weather has been said by many to be Biblical.

Gallery
    View images

Smile

Nothing unusual here (other side of planet, seen from Australia). Some 10+ years ago we had a yellow storm here, just like the red storm in Australia some days ago. It was sand, too, but our sand flew in from thousands of miles away: The Sahara.

Gallery
    View images
    I guess I'm an optimist...

I think (just my theory) that strange weather events have always taken place in different parts of the world but we were much more isolated from each other and never heard about them. With modern media, internet, 24/7 news at the push of a button, we are much more interconnected (globally) and are much more aware of all the strange weather events and their affects on people and communities. I do admit however, the weather has seemed a bit dynamic lately.

Silentman - That sand storm was crazy... Thanks for sharing the photos!
    "The significance is hiding in the insignificant. Appreciate everything."
    Eckhart Tolle

Gallery
    View images
    Bingo. The weather is no weirder than usual, we just hear about it more.

Gallery
    View images
    Yes, I reckon it has gone quite mad.
    Last edited by screenpainter; 09-26-2009 at 12:59 AM.

Gallery
    View images
    God Bless YOU Albert. Perfectly said, and you are a brave beautiful man for saying it.

Gallery
    View images
    Rather than Answer Each one of you, i will answer all of the points that i feel i'd like to answer, let me say 1st though, although i am a Christian and have made no efforts to hide this, i exercise caution in a public forum, simply because it can turn so damn ugly.

The very last thing i want to see is my lovely community destroyed through religion and or religous arguments.

I am very clear on the end times, i am very clear on how depraved the world has become, it's disgusted me.

Sooner or later God will choose his time and no man will be spared from the truth of his word.

Be very aware that i'm not here to argue or otherwise change peoples minds about religion, perhaps my question inherited religious answers whether i knew it or not. I was talking about the weather lol, it has been extremely unusual for me, much like many of you have mentioned it also.

For those who mentioned how connected we are with the world, and that this is the reason things seem so bad, i understand your point and at one time had accepted it to be the truth. Lets not forget that i didn't ask, about the worlds tragedies, i only asked how the weather was in your side of the world, if you indeed went through a tragedy such as Alex, i'd love to hear about it, but mentioning all the other ones wasn't what i had asked for, i actually wished to avoid them, because i wanted a clear view, without the media, of what your Weather has been like, just yours

However i accept humbly why other tragedies were mentioned and i too realise there are bigger reasons than many of us would like to admit for them.

Please, i repect everyones point of view, i have been in many religious battles, and i have seen many good things destroyed by them. I Love this Forum So Much that i don't want it to be hurt, by religion, i say religion becasue much of which is in the world IS Religion, not Faith, a faith is entirely different matter, one that i will happily discuss in private.

gzairborne, i am hugely proud of what you have said, but i hope sincerely you understand where i am coming from.

So.... back to the original question, how has the weather been in your backyard of the world, i am keen to fill a couple of pages with this, i would really like to know if it really has gone all strange on us, i believe a good way to judge that is to read the honest opinions of others
    Hardrives - 320Gb main

Memory
    - 2 Gb
    Graphics Card
    Cuda

Monitor
    - Hewlett Packard 22

Gallery
    View images
    Edit: My comments have been removed as the post they referred to has been deleted.
    Last edited by Silentman; 09-25-2009 at 04:37 AM.
    Hardrives - 320Gb main

Memory
    - 2 Gb
    Graphics Card
    Cuda

Monitor
    - Hewlett Packard 22