ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Newspaper

Newspaper

Does anyone know how much a newpaper cost about 1913??? I've searched everywhere on the internet and I cant find the answer anywhere, I need it for my homework. :S
    Megan Rose x

an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind x

1) This isn't the place to ask.
    2) Your teacher probably wants you to show some reasearching skills. A Google search doesn't constitute research.
    3) Phone a newspaper publisher and ask them.
    4) Go to a library, use their microfiche system and look at some 1913 newspapers.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

1. why not this is general chat???
    2. internet reaserch is classed as research
    3. my mum wouldn't let me do that
    and
    4. there isn't a libary close enough or big enough that would have that sort of thing
    Megan Rose x

an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind x

My 2p - internet research is perfectly valid. The trick is to find a good one to actually reference - it has to be a trustworthy, 'official' sort of site.
    Wikipedia is NOT one, for example, but it often has useful links.

Maybe try looking at the websites of the newspapers? I believe the Daily Mail was around then. And 1913 was WW1, I think, so maybe there'll be clippings somewhere (with the price on the front!), so maybe a museum/museum website. Or try googling and using the image search, for pictures (which hopefully you can read the price from)
    Also, it'll be in 'old' money - I'm assuming you need an English one as you're in Yorkshire.

Generally, asking people to give you the answers does make people a bit grumpy - of course, people do it right through university (...the number of students who walk up to me and say 'this is my assignment. What's the answer?') So while we do talk about all kinds of things here, not just art stuff, just asking for the answer isn't wise