ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: book

book

I've started with a book for children to learn the ABC and counting. This is the first drawing I made. It's about a little butterfly called valentine who is going to play hide and seek. Along the way he's going to meet a lot of animals and other things. Any idea's or suggestions (for the next or this drawing) would be welcome.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	valentijn.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	127.6 KB 
ID:	33337  

If the images are bigger in size and also applying different style for each numbr/alphabet would certainly make your project a great HIT!
    Wish you good luck!
    The artist is the lover of Nature, therefore he is her slave and her master. - Rabindranth Tagore

I've started my daughter on thinking about how some letters look like things (though this does mean she calls all 's' snakes....). Something to think about!

I think the first image is really sweet!

My daughter (age 3) said "That's a butterfly with a people on it. There's balloons. Theres numbers. Thats a balloon number 2 and 1!"
    Last edited by Kayla; 09-20-2009 at 05:52 AM.

Thank you for your nice reactions. My kids are 7, 13 and 17, so beyond the age of starting to read and count. They only give comments ( in a nice way). The story is going to be that Valentine will look for his friend with the game hide and seek behind an apple and ask a bee to help etc.... Along with a nice story.
    But it's a bit difficult to make animals that still look (a bit) like real ones, but also are attractive for little children. They like bright colors, but I don't want the animals look totaly onreal.

I like the butterfly and the figure holding the numbers and the tension of the balloon numbers. I've been doing graphic art for years and I could suggest that the #'s 3,4, & 8 be moved upwards away from the wings. This would reveal that beautiful butterfly you've rendered better and not have the #'s compete for attention against the wings, if you squint and look at this the 8 disappears...........don't know how hard this would be to re-do..just my 2 cents......................TJ

Like the concept......................and the 2 balloons making the # 10 is a very nice touch!
    Last edited by Tonyjazz; 09-20-2009 at 05:25 PM.

Thank you for helping. I will try that! I did see the 8 disapear It's always nice to have a new look at things. Thank you all.

I love the picture

I would however suggest doing just some rough sketches of all the pages before you start painting to iron out the kinks before you suddenly find you may have to scrap some work etc and make sure you know exactly who your targeting it at.

but apart from that, did i say I love the picture
    I live in a tecno world. A world of precision, accuracy and finites.
    Art is the opposite of that for me. I dont expect to be good and that is not my aim. I want to enjoy it and let my inner artist define its own art... here's hoping, where do I begin.....

--
    Right Hand.
    Wacom Bamboo Fun Medium (Just got it !!)
    PC - Quad Core, Vista, 22" Widescreen
    ArtRage 2 Wacom Edition
    My Gallery (for what its worth )

Your picture is a stunning beauty. Very professional looking illustration and imo doesn't need a thing except to be put in the main gallery where it belongs. It is fantastic! (forgive me if it already has appeared in the main gallery.)For best viewing maybe crop it like I did and make it around 800 pixels across. Maybe 1024 just for viewing. Not for submitting to the publisher of course. You can keep the larger pixel sizes for that.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by screenpainter; 09-29-2009 at 07:20 PM.

Thank you

It really is amazing! Please take the one I cropped if you like and post it in the main gallery. You will see the good reactions it gets there. It is really fantastic. Folks should see it. Really!

Right click on the image and download it. Then post it in the gallery. Please?

It's beautiful!!!