ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: UFO - Sighting!

UFO - Sighting!

Hi

Now I know I haven't been at this forum for very long. So you're all probably gonna think.. " Oh God! We've got a right one here "

But I promise I'm not crazy
    And all I'm saying is - I've seen things that to be honest.. I'm not sure what to think

Last Night 12/09/09 at approximately 10:45pm ( UK - North Wales )
    I was just about to turn off the laptop for the night.
    Joshua was in the other room on the desktop computer.
    My mum was in the kitchen drying her hair - Facing The Window!
    The Next Minute...
    My mum shouts - " What's that in the sky " ... And she ran out the back door.
    I followed her to see a - Bright Orange Light
    That was No Way an aeroplane or a Firework. And had - No Engine Sound!
    I started screaming for Joshua to come and look.
    And the three of us watched for about 5 minutes ... As this strange orange light flew silently through the sky.
    Eventually it turned and flew away again.. And then disappeared.

I wish I'd got the camera out now
    But I was scared that if I went looking for my camera... It would have gone by the time I got back.

A friend says it must have been something called a Chinese Lantern.
    I've Googled the Chinese Lantern
    And even though I guess it's possible ( It would have had to have been a very big Chinese Lantern )... I just find it hard to believe
    1/ To Big
    2/ Height for Size ratio
    3/ The way it flew
    4/ The Brightness
    5/ My mum said when she first spotted it...
    It was coming towards the house - Massive and shaped like a Mushroom

If anyone is interested.. Here are some of my - Google Results
    http://www.uk-ufo.co.uk/

This is a video that although not very exciting.. Best represents what we saw last night : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMdl6yI2kqc
    And look at the date of the video
    I just wish I could understand what the people are saying.

Chinese Lantern Info : http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...rch_type=&aq=f

This Next Video Is - Fake!
    This person has tried to fake what others are seeing
    But this is a video of a - Chinese Lantern : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGcNY...eature=related

PS.

Even though It was my mum and Joshua's first UFO sighting.
    This isn't the first time I've seen something unusual in the sky
    About 7 years ago I saw a Silver Tear Shaped UFO in the middle of a warm summer afternoon.
    At The Time.. I just presumed it was what they call a weather balloon.
    Until I saw the same silver thing on the News about a year later... And they were calling it a UFO
    I then saw the same silver UFO again ( Again.. In The Daytime ) about 3 years ago.

What I Saw - ( UFO, Space Ship, Chinese Lantern, Weather Balloon )... I'll let you make up your own mind
    Last edited by Hally; 09-14-2009 at 04:02 AM.
    Hally

That's exciting. Of course I can't possibly know, but I'm betting dollars to doughnuts it's of this world rather than out of it. But then again, maybe E.T. is right there just outside your door. If you remember the movie, that little guy will steal your mum's beer, so tell her to lock her refrigerator.
    // "Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well." - Byron
    //
    My ArtRage Paintings Here
    // My Comprehensive AR4 & 3 Thread Here
    64 bit Win8Pro, 16GB Ram, Intel i7 Quad Core - 8 threads; Wacom Intuios 4

Hey welcome to earth! Seriously what you saw was indeed a UFO (unidentified Flying object). Some facts for you: the reported sightings in England and across europe have dramatically increased since 1999 as well as the entire world over. So, is everyone crazy? Is everyone seeing things? Is it just their imagination? NO. There have been many different types of craft observed so it makes for confusion. We are not able to prove anything but once you see one....you never forget it. EVER. All you can do is know that if they are indeed Alien craft, they would obviously not be hostile toward us. Relax..... enjoy the show! PS..have your camera or cellphone camera ready.....lotsa pics!

Hi .. Byron & Bobbyray

Well!
    I didn't manage to get a video or photo of what we saw

But I have managed to paint it for you
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Orange UFO.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	31.4 KB 
ID:	33093  
    Hally

Nice Hally.

Hi Hally I know this was about a month ago but you could have seen another chunk skipping off the atmosphere.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/8239188.stm

Not as exciting as a UFO but I wish I'd seen it.

Hmmm. That looks pretty exciting to me. I'd like to catch a ride, assuming the inhabitants aren't considering me as food. If it really looked like that it's a pretty exciting visual event whatever it is.

When I was young I recall seeing a series of objects coordinated together in the afternoon sky making maneuvers that just don't seem possible. Watching for about three minutes, they suddenly vanished, all shooting off in several different directions. To this day I have no idea what I saw.

Bobbyray, don't be so sure they would not be hostile to us. Just for fun, if you haven't already, dig up the episode of the Twilight Zone eposide titled "To Serve Man" for at least one other perspective on the many novel possibilities for close encounters of the fourth kind.
    // "Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well." - Byron
    //
    My ArtRage Paintings Here
    // My Comprehensive AR4 & 3 Thread Here
    64 bit Win8Pro, 16GB Ram, Intel i7 Quad Core - 8 threads; Wacom Intuios 4

The universe is VAST, well beyond our comprehension and i believe so are it's possible inhabitants, i'm willin to believe Hally, although i watch the sky and have seen umpteen falling stars enough for more than two hands, i have never seen a ufo, but.... it doesn't mean to me that they don't exist.

Visit Nasa's Hubble site, and sit in awe as to how big the universe is well... the part that we can see, which is only a very very small portion, no one could ever tell me we are the only inhabitants of the universe, that would vein indeed.
    Vista Business SP2 - 32 bit
    Hardrives - 320Gb main
    MB - Intel Core 2 CPU@2.4Ghz

Memory
    - 2 Gb
    Graphics Card
    - NVidiaGeForce 8800GT,190.62
    Cuda

Monitor
    - Hewlett Packard 22

AR3 Studio Professional Unleash The Full Power

Sooo interesting that you shared this, Hally, because I had one heck of a UFO dream last week. Here's how it went:
    My father and I are standing in the back hayfield at the family farm looking at a perfect night sky. Stars glow against the deepest blue to black background and the Milky Way is a slightly contrasting band of gray. We are watching for shooting stars. Gradually I begin to notice several brighter points of light. And quite suddenly those brighter points grow to resemble something like 5 glowing grains of rice. I turn to tell my father about what I saw but when we look back, they are gone.
    We talk a bit, joke about my active imagination, continue to watch for shooting stars....the world holds its breath. Several more groups of bright oval objects appear, simultaneously and seemingly from out of nowhere. They approach us at an extraordinary speed, flying in a formation. Awestruck, we are frozen in place. As the objects approach, their shapes become much more distinct, elongating and flattening. Directly above us, they look remarkabley like immense spinning sand-dollars, glowing and pulsing bright white and bathing us and the field in a hazy blue film of light.

At which point I woke up.

Called my Dad the next morning to tell him about it. Can't think of anyone I'd rather see a UFO with in real life than him and it was a marvelous dream, full of wonder and just a tinge of true terror. I think the sand-dollar aspect was a fine analogy for my brain to offer up from who knows what nether lobe...so much life on earth is built upon the 5-point and circle organic design, upon waking I found it intriguing to think that maybe my dream-visitors brought that basis of integral design from another planet. Or perhaps we could share that commonality with another planet's lifeforms?
    Kind words can be short and easy to speak but their echoes are truly endless. ~Mother Teresa

http://rightbrainedmama.wordpress.com/

and, most especially, my photography at
    http://sweet-harmony-photography.smugmug.com/

http://foxytocin.deviantart.com/

The roots of Mythology, the Paternal and Maternal forerunner of Religion, stem from humankind's attempts to explain those realities which they don't understand. Did you see an alien spacecraft? It's possible. Did you see an atmospheric phenomenon? That's much more likely. Is there intelligent life in our galaxay? Statisticically, it's likely. Have they found us and are studying and visiting us? Stastically unlikely. Not impossible but at the far end of the Bell Curve.
    Still, to Quote The Bard: "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    I think there are three possibilities:
    1) We are alone.
    2) We are not alone and we have been discovered.
    3) We are not alone and we have not been discovered.
    If the first is true, all else is moot and we are a miracle.
    If the second is true, given the purported sightings over generations ... even centuries ... we are not at risk from them.
    If the third is true, we'd better start doing a better job of coexisting with ourselves and taking care of this bright blue marble or we'll never be the ones who become capable of exploring any further than Mars.
    Last edited by RobertSWade; 09-15-2009 at 01:12 AM.