ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Portrait Critic please

Gallery
    View images

Portrait Critic please

Hi all here is my first colored portrait i made with Artrage and a bamboo one. I followed dali portrait tutorial.
    i'm waiting for your critics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	298.9 KB 
ID:	33087  

Gallery
    View images
    Is that the right centering of the nose between the eyes? Also is there a small lower lip or is he pulling it in? Other than that, it looks good to me.

Gallery
    View images
    Very nice, i see you have made the head larger, as it should be for a child of his age, the fact that i can judge his age says alot about your painting indeed, i'd like to see more shading for the nose and other lines you have used, there are no lines on our faces lol, except for the ones that we draw with makeup hehehe, i see you already have some good shading, work with that and build it up, do not be afraid to create new layers and experiment, this is the true joy of digital painting

Well done, keep up the good work and welcome to the forums
    Vista Business SP2 - 32 bit
    Hardrives - 320Gb main
    MB - Intel Core 2 CPU@2.4Ghz

Memory
    - 2 Gb
    Graphics Card
    - NVidiaGeForce 8800GT,190.62
    Cuda

Monitor
    - Hewlett Packard 22

AR3 Studio Professional Unleash The Full Power

Gallery
    View images
    wonderful! delightful! I love it.

Gallery
    View images

Smile

could define cheeks more. the colors are nice but the vertical stoke makes them look long and flat. ever try etching? i notice the line quality..

Gallery
    View images
    if you get rid of the long ,hard lines that define the nose, it would be great. Just the lines defining the nostrils, define the rest of the nose with a shade colour.

well done.
    Just say: "Rage It", because we already know it's art.

My ArtRage 3 and 4 Gallery------My Site ------- BROWSE MY BOOK

Gallery
    View images
    The sockets around the eyes could use a little definition as well. I'm hardly one to complain, I can't shade the area around eyes correctly either, but I can see when it's off. =( The forehead looks great though, it's really rounded and 3D looking, good job!
    Early to bed early to rise makes a man stupid and blind in the eyes - Orson Scott Card

Gallery
    View images
    It's much easier to do portraits if you understand the underlying anatomy of the head.

You can download books by Andrew Loomis from the site at fineart.sk - check out "Drawing Head and Hands", and if you want more general material, "Successful Drawing" and "Figure Drawing for All It's Worth". Good luck.

Gallery
    View images
    Good job, whenever I've done a child I've put years on, but you can tell straight away yours is a young child.
    People have spoken about the nose but if it's blended in more it would look great, young children tend to have small button noses, it would look better in this front view, but it's a job well done.
    Sandyg.