ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: snappish!

snappish!

what is it with people being snappish?! been snapped at several times this week for no good reason by random people and its really getting to me...could people just be civil to one another or am i expecting too much?
    "I like to have a thing suggested rather than told in full. When every detail is given, the mind rests satisfied, and the imagination loses the desire to use its own wings."
    ~Thomas Bailey Aldrich~

Did this happen here?

Either way, I'm afraid I know all to well how some forums online can be. This forum would have to stand out as perhaps the only one I frequently visit where constant flaming (internet lingo for verbal attacks on users) doesn't seem to be a normal occurrence. I figure as word gets out on the what an outstanding product ArtRage is and as the member base here on the forum grows, we will see an influx of people who may not quit be a tolerable as some of the current members. I'd hate to see it happen, but I can only go by what I've seen happen in the past.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Hmm if it was me i'm sorry i'd hate my one peaceful place on the internet to turn into a rude Snappy FlameFest, i really would

Lets make a pact, all the senior members make sure to stop others from creating that sort of behavior on our peaceful forum, in the hopes that it will always remain a peaceful loving place to be

Negativity and Rudeness Suck Period....
    Vista Business SP2 - 32 bit
    Hardrives - 320Gb main
    MB - Intel Core 2 CPU@2.4Ghz

Memory
    - 2 Gb
    Graphics Card
    - NVidiaGeForce 8800GT,190.62
    Cuda

Monitor
    - Hewlett Packard 22

AR3 Studio Professional Unleash The Full Power

I try to only snap at myself; and then only with good cause. And if I get too far out of line, I simply ignore myself until I've learned my lesson

...works for me...

jb

Lol i might try that JB, where's the ignore switch, i can't seem to find it for myself works wonders on other members
    Hardrives - 320Gb main

Memory
    - 2 Gb
    Graphics Card
    Cuda

Monitor
    - Hewlett Packard 22

mmm grilled snapper < droool > with a nice thimble of garlic butter sauce, oh man

mb
    Mbrienza

I can hardly imagine anyone snapping at you Selby ... least of all here. You are such a gentle soul and certainly don't deserve such treatment. Pie???
    Attached Images Attached Images  

And I'd say not just the senior members, but all members.
    Agreed.

But it's up to the longer term members (senior ones), not "new ones" to encourage the correct atmosphere that makes this forum the warm, loving, encouraging, pleasant environment that we all strive and thrive in. It takes a little while to relax, and get to know this forum, that's why i "suggested" that the Senior Members make a pact, which in itself was a lose statement anyway, i wasn't suggesting we have a huddle lol, and speak words of dire commitment

Now everybody say Hummmmmmmmm
    Hardrives - 320Gb main

Memory
    - 2 Gb
    Graphics Card
    Cuda

Monitor
    - Hewlett Packard 22

I'd be curious to know also if it was here Selby? This seems to be a civil refuge and place of encouragement and support. I think that will continue. I have learned and admired a lot from this forum on how to be civil and respectful. Wish the world could learn from our example here. I have been here a couple years or so and it has always been congenial for the most part and sort of self regulating because the tender and respectful behavior has been passed on. I expect it will continue. It is a great bunch of people from the first time you get here until today. The snappers play their hands and then end up folding eventually. There is a lot of snappism out in the world right now. Seems tensions are high for some reason. Hope we keep our refuge.

I do hope it wasn't on here Selby, the people in here are always so wonderful. I have never met such a great bunch of people on the internet or anywhere else for that matter.
    Anyway Selby I hope whoever it was didnt upset you too much, you are too nice a lady for that to happen to. ((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307