ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Right Brain or left brain.

Gallery
    View images

Right Brain or left brain.

I'm right handed and automatically assumed that I'd be more "left" brain but after taking this test I appear to be more "right" brain. (RB)
    However I can see the "left" brain solution also with a little concentration.

Which is quite accurate as I am quite technical with a love of all things arty and probably prone to moods and the like.

How many of the ragers are Right handed(RH) and whats your brain side?

I'll start.
    RH, RB

http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/stor...005375,00.html
    I live in a tecno world. A world of precision, accuracy and finites.
    Art is the opposite of that for me. I dont expect to be good and that is not my aim. I want to enjoy it and let my inner artist define its own art... here's hoping, where do I begin.....

--
    Right Hand.
    Wacom Bamboo Fun Medium (Just got it !!)
    PC - Quad Core, Vista, 22" Widescreen
    ArtRage 2 Wacom Edition
    My Gallery (for what its worth )

Gallery
    View images
    Hi Stephen, I'm righthanded and also like you it said I was using the rightside of my brain. I also manage to stare at it long enough for it to change direction but it soon went back again lol. Great test though Stephen
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Gallery
    View images
    Excellent.. hope for me yet. I was convinced that right handed ness means my art is doomed now it appears that I have the same affliction as you... I hope I can paint as well as you one day
    Art is the opposite of that for me. I dont expect to be good and that is not my aim. I want to enjoy it and let my inner artist define its own art... here's hoping, where do I begin.....

--
    Right Hand.
    ArtRage 2 Wacom Edition

Gallery
    View images
    How very odd...

When I first took a look I saw the image seemed to be turning distinctly clockwise. After a few moments, I was about to give up at attempting to see the image spin the other direction, when I suddenly looked down at the dancers shadow. At which point I was able to imagine the foot of the shadow going the other direction and when I looked back up the entire image was then moving counterclockwise. Unfortunately, now I'm having trouble getting it to go back the other way. I hope I didn't damage my thinking pattern, lol.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by Someonesane View Post
    How very odd...

When I first took a look I saw the image seemed to be turning distinctly clockwise. After a few moments, I was about to give up at attempting to see the image spin the other direction, when I suddenly looked down at the dancers shadow. At which point I was able to imagine the foot of the shadow going the other direction and when I looked back up the entire image was then moving counterclockwise. Unfortunately, now I'm having trouble getting it to go back the other way. I hope I didn't damage my thinking pattern, lol.
    oh oh... new name coming.. SomeoneINsane, nope. Someonesane again.

reminds me when I used to go clay pidgeon shooting. My wife went for a few lessons and you have to determin your eye dominance. I was right eye, which was nice and easy righthanded. my wifes eyes switched 4 times in the lesson. Apparently due to the "female" brain dual hemasphere thingy they can switch dominance throughout the day. She had to wear an eye guard in the end lol.

--
    Right Hand.
    ArtRage 2 Wacom Edition

Gallery
    View images
    Dear Stephen,, thanks for the game!,,, well, at first the figure moved clockwise but have forgotten what that means!!!, but then, if you watch the raised foot you can get the figure to change direction back and forth back and forth,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,oooo getting see sick!!!

Gallery
    View images
    Im a leftie and always saw her clockwise first and it takes me zonks to see her turn the other way and does my head in lol the first time a few months back when a friend sent me the animation i thought she was yanking my chain
    "I like to have a thing suggested rather than told in full. When every detail is given, the mind rests satisfied, and the imagination loses the desire to use its own wings."
    ~Thomas Bailey Aldrich~

Gallery
    View images
    Right and right... nope she's not going the other way for me.

Gallery
    View images
    Does it go left ever? Not for me either.

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by gzairborne View Post
    Does it go left ever?
    Yes, it can. I've managed to force myself to see it going counterclockwise, but when I first look at it it's always going clockwise.

The direction the figure turns is an optical illusion really. Since the figure is a silhouette, we really have no basis to decide which way the figure is spinning by any visual cues. This is why the test works really, because the direction the figure spins is based solely on ones thought perceptions.

Here are some more visual illusions: http://www.darkstar.cc/Discovery/VisionLesson.htm

P.S. - I decided to take a quick look again to see if the figure would still start out going clockwise upon my first look (which it did). I then started reading the list to the left of the image. During my browsing over the list, the figure switched directions on me at least three times. I wonder if ones understanding of certain words can act as a trigger for their visual perception?
    Last edited by Someonesane; 09-10-2009 at 10:14 AM.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.