ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Blunt ending brush strokes

Gallery
    View images

Question Blunt ending brush strokes

When I use the paint brush, I am getting a blunt ending on the stroke. I seem to remember the first time I used it, it would taper off as the tablet pressure decreased (as you lifted the pen from the tablet). It doesn't seem to be working this way now though. I know it's not the tablet because when I use it in another paint program, the beginning AND the end of the brush strokes are tapered off. Below is a shot from AR showing what I am talking about. Is there a fix for this?

Grrr...it won't let me post a link because I'm new. But you get the idea, right?

Thanks,
    Jo

Gallery
    View images
    Check your stylus setting Jo, if it's a wacom then make sure your tip feel is half way, then adjust the tool settings in the program, there's nothing wrong with the program, it's just very sensitive tot he the stylus pressure.

Make sure that you have precise tablet mode on too in the settings.

Welcome to the forums.
    Vista Business SP2 - 32 bit
    Hardrives - 320Gb main
    MB - Intel Core 2 CPU@2.4Ghz

Memory
    - 2 Gb
    Graphics Card
    - NVidiaGeForce 8800GT,190.62
    Cuda

Monitor
    - Hewlett Packard 22

AR3 Studio Professional Unleash The Full Power

Gallery
    View images

Thanks...

I don't have a Wacom...it's an Aiptek, but I've tried adjusting all the settings but I'm not getting any change. My son has a Genius and I tried using that one and it does the same thing, which makes me wonder if maybe it's a setting I have in the program. Is that possible? I do have precise tablet mode checked in the Preferences. Could it be anything else?
    Jo

Gallery
    View images
    Can you attach a screen shot of what the stroke looks like (using the "Manage Attachments" feature of the forum, which is found underneath the posting window)?

It could be that you might need to add the "no_ink.inf" file workaround, which some tablets need to interact with ArtRage correctly. To try it out, just create a new folder in your ArtRage "Resources" folder (on Vista, it would be here: c:\program files(x86)\ambient design\artrage 2\resources\) and name this folder "no_ink.inf". This folder only acts as a trigger for ArtRage, so nothing needs to be in it. When ArtRage opens, it will find the "no_ink.inf" file in it's resources folder and understand that it needs to ignore the ink services being used by your computer.

Name:  manage.jpg
Views: 225
Size:  92.8 KB
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Gallery
    View images
    Thanks! That actually seemed to help some! I'm still getting the blunt strokes unless I'm really really quick to lift the pen, but at least it's *possible* for me to get the tapered stroke at the end now.

Below, the strokes in red are the ones I was getting before adding the no_ink.inf folder, the blue strokes I am getting now that the folder has been added.

It's an improvement...so thank you!
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Gallery
    View images
    Hmm. Well it looks like a pressure issue to me. By setting my tablets pen "Tip Feel" higher (or more firm), I get lines that look closer to those in your screen shot that fall under the "ok" catagory.

Name:  tip.jpg
Views: 225
Size:  33.9 KB

And here are the strokes I get:

Name:  strokes.jpg
Views: 249
Size:  35.1 KB

Gallery
    View images
    COOL! I was still using my son's Genius tablet but when I plugged my Aiptek back in, it works PERFECTLY now...no blunt ending strokes at ALL. Woohoo! Thank you so much for your help!
    Jo

Gallery
    View images
    No problem

Gallery
    View images
    Glad it's all sorted for you Jo
    Vista Business SP2 - 32 bit
    Hardrives - 320Gb main
    MB - Intel Core 2 CPU@2.4Ghz

Memory