ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: !Off Topic!

Question !Off Topic!

Hi all, i'm looking to create a blog with Google Blogs, i already have the blog name and it's registered but i want to create my own template, i have DreamWeaver CS4 and was hoping someone with HTML skills could point me into the right direction as far getting setup with a template design. I have no idea where to start, should i somehow place the current default template into DreamWeaver or should i start from scratch, keep in mind it's a blog not a fully blown website, but i want it to look a specific way and Google Blogs accept custom templates, and have their own custom tags apparently from doing a little searching, i don't have many HTML or website building skills but i thought it shouldn't be too hard...

If you can help me get started please reply below
    Vista Business SP2 - 32 bit
    Hardrives - 320Gb main
    MB - Intel Core 2 CPU@2.4Ghz

Memory
    - 2 Gb
    Graphics Card
    - NVidiaGeForce 8800GT,190.62
    Cuda

Monitor
    - Hewlett Packard 22

AR3 Studio Professional Unleash The Full Power

I'm afraid I don't know anything about Google Blogs, but a few years back I used to hand code my websites using HTML. I haven't really kept up with any of it unfortunately, but one thing I will never forget is how useful HTMLgoodies can be. I could always find something useful to read about there. Maybe you'll find some useful coding bits there as well.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Cool thanks SS, i was having another read last night over at GB (Google blogs) and apart from a few tags it's pretty much straight CSS, i think that's the right term.

You can export a version of the blog out as an .xml will that help me to import it into DreamWeaver (website building app) or will i need it to be HTML and CSS code.

Dreamweaver is Adobes web building app, i started leaning it awhile back but never got to far into it, it's very user friendly though, much like the rest of Adobes apps.

Anyway thanks for the link, i'll check it out, i new it was a long shot to find someone with web building or blog building experience on an artist forum lol
    Hardrives - 320Gb main

Memory
    - 2 Gb
    Graphics Card
    Cuda

Monitor
    - Hewlett Packard 22

You could also try forumotion for free forums and blogs. They have a good support forum too:

http://www.forumotion.com/

Ok i'll have a looksy thanks Want to Paint
    Hardrives - 320Gb main

Memory
    - 2 Gb
    Graphics Card
    Cuda

Monitor
    - Hewlett Packard 22

Hiya Col,
    have you tried site-spinner? Like everyone else I have limited experience with html..and I found site-spinner the best there is for visual people like us. very simple interface WYSIWYG kind of way, adding images, pages, formatting, linking all is very very simple. I made half my site in it before i lost that drive & the data, but it was very easy.
    If you're not too gung-ho about dreamweaver I'd recommend site spinner anyday.

hope that helps,
    ta,
    fly
    The more hair I lose, the more head I get.

Thanks Flashy, i'll have a look, i realized last night after i exported the blog to XML one of the options on the right click was to open it with DW so i may be on the way. I really want a lot of control on how and where elements on the blog are placed so i'll keep digging lol, it looks like one of those things that i will just have to chip away at with the limited amount of brain cells i have left hehehe
    Hardrives - 320Gb main

Memory
    - 2 Gb
    Graphics Card
    Cuda

Monitor
    - Hewlett Packard 22