ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Importing problems

Importing problems

Hi,

I recently purchased a cintiq and found out about artrage. I LOVE the program but have a BIG problem. I ink my stuff in Illustrator and exported the file as a psd. ArtRage will open a regular psd file, but if it was a file that started out in Illustrator and was exported to Photoshop it wont open it. Is there something I am doing wrong? Something I can do to get around it?

Thanks for your time,
    Caleb

What version of photoshop and Illustrator are you using?

If you can send me one of the psd files that ArtRage wont open I can take a look at it.
    If it's under 8MB, EMail it to me:
    andy@ambientdesign.com

If it's bigger than 8MB, you'll need to contact support@artrage.com to arrange dropping it to our ftp drop-box so I can grab it from there.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Also, check that your PSD is an RGB image as opposed to a CMYK image. ArtRage supports RGB specifically, so if you're trying to import a CMYK image, that could be why it's not working ( check Image -> Mode in Photoshop )
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design