ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Please Help!

Please Help!

Alright, I just bought this and cannot figure it out!
    I watched videos on it, and whenever someone drew on it, the color would come in normal, but when I try to do it on the layers, all the colors are extremely light, which makes it really hard to draw because I can't see the colors!
    And also, is there a way to edit stencils that you add? Like make them bigger?
    Thanks!

1. You can resize stencils by holding down the alt key and moving your cursor over the stencil left to decrease and right to increase size equally for all dimensions.

2. It it hard to understand your first question. If you select a paint tool, and the paint is not the exact same color as your canvas you should see paint applied matching the color in the color picker. People will be able to advise you better if you can describe exactly what you are doing. Screen shots help.

May things could be happening. The brush settings are at zero pressure and no paint loaded for example. Have you selected a layer or a blend mode and set the opacity to zero??? Can you provide a better description of your actions?

Best,
    Byron
    // "Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well." - Byron
    //
    My ArtRage Paintings Here
    // My Comprehensive AR4 & 3 Thread Here
    64 bit Win8Pro, 16GB Ram, Intel i7 Quad Core - 8 threads; Wacom Intuios 4

Ok..
    On the video that I saw, he had a background picture and he was using the airbrush to paint it, sort of like crayons in a coloring book if you will.
    I have been adding a tracing picture, and when I try to color it in, the colors are dimmed on the actual picture, but they are fine in the layer view.
    Is there an easy way to give you the picture? I clicked the add image but it said it needed a url

And I also just tried to re-adjust the stencil and it won't do anything :S gah this is frustrating

OK, I believe the opacity setting for you tracing image is so high you cannot see the paint clearly on your canvas. Try these two related things:

1/on the menu bar: select tools/tracing options/show tracing image to turn off tracing image. Your paint color should now be apparent. Do again, and the tracing image will dominate.

2/Alternatively, select tools/tracing options/edit tracing image. This brings up a tool window for varying the tracing image opacity. As you vary it your paint color will be more or less visible.

These two options can also be accessed by tapping on Tracing on the tracing tool at the center bottom of the program window.

Does this help?

By the way. Welcome to this forum. There is a technical section in the forum where the program developers are fairly fast to provide good feedback to these questions. Likewise, many forum members like myself will provide answers if we think we know what the heck we're talking about.

I hope this helps, but if not, don't hesitate to jump back in with your questions.
    // "Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well." - Byron
    //
    My ArtRage Paintings Here
    // My Comprehensive AR4 & 3 Thread Here
    64 bit Win8Pro, 16GB Ram, Intel i7 Quad Core - 8 threads; Wacom Intuios 4

Yeah that helps!
    And I figured out the stencil thing too (brain fart) lol. Thank you SO much for you help!
    And thanks for the welcome