ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Love it love it love it..

Love it love it love it..

Hi guys and girls,
    Its my first post and I just wanted to say Hi!..

so... Hi!

I'm a total novice when it comes to art and "digital art" for that matter(other than buying a few originals and Giclée prints from a local artist).
    I have bearly used any kind of artistic medium other than photoshop however, Its something I've been wanting to do forever and I've ordered a semi-basic Wacom Bamboo Fun(medium) and of course ArtRage comes with it.

After a little research I've ended up here and all I can say is I'm blown away by what the forum members have created using AR. Not just the obviously serious artists but also the more marginal ones too.

I'll be sticking around and hopefully if i can master a fraction of what you guys have I'll be over the moon.

Any pointers/sites/tutorials on the basics of painting and indeed ArtRage will be greatfully excepted.

Thanks all,
    Stephen.
    I live in a tecno world. A world of precision, accuracy and finites.
    Art is the opposite of that for me. I dont expect to be good and that is not my aim. I want to enjoy it and let my inner artist define its own art... here's hoping, where do I begin.....

--
    Right Hand.
    Wacom Bamboo Fun Medium (Just got it !!)
    PC - Quad Core, Vista, 22" Widescreen
    ArtRage 2 Wacom Edition
    My Gallery (for what its worth )

Hi Stephen,

Welcome to your new addiction

I know you'll love it here.

Yvan.

G'day StephenFoster and welcome to the family, i hope you enjoy your stay, it looks like you'll fit right in
    Vista Business SP2 - 32 bit
    Hardrives - 320Gb main
    MB - Intel Core 2 CPU@2.4Ghz

Memory
    - 2 Gb
    Graphics Card
    - NVidiaGeForce 8800GT,190.62
    Cuda

Monitor
    - Hewlett Packard 22

AR3 Studio Professional Unleash The Full Power

Sorry if my non-art speak makes me sound like a muppet but...

yvan, your giraffes are great. I cant believe how good they look in print and how vibrant they appear.

And as for your sailing to forever silentman, i can feel the heat on my face and my worries escape me for the moment.

You guys are lucky , lucky lucky as based on your location I can see why the desire to use strong colors would be overwhelming.

Me I live in poor old Blighty but it is a coastal village set against the north sea and if I cant find something interesting to paint I'm going to need a slap.

thanks guys
    Art is the opposite of that for me. I dont expect to be good and that is not my aim. I want to enjoy it and let my inner artist define its own art... here's hoping, where do I begin.....

--
    Right Hand.
    ArtRage 2 Wacom Edition

Thanks for having a look at my giraffes and for your kind comments.

The giraffes were done with a stencil I uploaded to the forum. The image was also never actually printed. It was "framed" using stencils.

See this post: http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...ad.php?t=12961 for that and other frame stencils. They should still be available for download.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by yvan_c View Post
    Thanks for having a look at my giraffes and for your kind comments.

The giraffes were done with a stencil I uploaded to the forum. The image was also never actually printed. It was "framed" using stencils.

See this post: <had to remove link to post>for that and other frame stencils. They should still be available for download.

Cheers.
    Wow. Well I've just confirmed I have a keen eye not. The stencils are very convincing and on second look apart from the outer edge I was fooled.

thanks for the link I'll take a proper look

--
    Right Hand.
    ArtRage 2 Wacom Edition

Quote Originally Posted by StephenFoster View Post
    Sorry if my non-art speak makes me sound like a muppet but...

yvan, your giraffes are great. I cant believe how good they look in print and how vibrant they appear.

And as for your sailing to forever silentman, i can feel the heat on my face and my worries escape me for the moment.

You guys are lucky , lucky lucky as based on your location I can see why the desire to use strong colors would be overwhelming.

Me I live in poor old Blighty but it is a coastal village set against the north sea and if I cant find something interesting to paint I'm going to need a slap.

thanks guys
    I love Tynemouth! I Lived in Newcastle for 20 years and often spent days out walking/sketching/photographing at the Abbey and beach. That cliff face is soooo paintable. In fact the last white Christmas morning I remember was spent among the Abbey ruins. Amazing! St Mary's Lighthouse is another great place as I recall...Ah I hope to come back and visit one day soon.
    Welcome to ArtRage anyway, I'm sure you'll be hooked in no time!
    Boxy

Welcome Stephen, happy to meet you. AR is a great place to learn. I am looking forward to seeing your art.

Welcome to here Stephen. You've stumbled on a very friendly and supportive community. Please don't apologize for your lack of experience or hesitate to submit your works. You asked about tutorials. Here is a link to a veritable treasure trove of ArtRage tutorials.
    http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...ad.php?t=12938
    Have fun.

Welcome to the forums! In addition to the link RobertSWade posted, we also have a tutorial page at http://www.artrage.com/artragetutorials.html

The 'quickstart guide' which can be downoaded from that page is a good way to get to grips with a number of the features of ArtRage. I hope you have a lot of fun with it!
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design