ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LazyNezumi (Lazy Mouse for AR and other painting apps)

LazyNezumi (Lazy Mouse for AR and other painting apps)

Hi Guys & Gals,

Those of you who are familiar with ZBrush will know what I'm talking about when I say "lazy mouse".

Well, this guy here:

http://people.happycoders.org/kamih/...ss/?page_id=46

has written a free little app called LazyNezumi, which lets you use your mouse/tablet paintbrush in other apps in much the same way as the lazymouse in ZB.

I did a quick test in MS Paint and in Inkscape and it works !

That said, I could not get it to work in AR of PS (yet). I see there is a note on the author's site saying that you should copy the Wintab dll file to your system folder if you don't use a tablet. I tried this but windows does not want to allow me to replace the Wintab dll file. I don't have my tablet with me at the moment, so I cannot confirm that it otherwise works in AR if you use your tablet.

Maybe someone else can check it out in the meantime and give us some feedback. See the list of apps the author says he tested it with and test them out.

If someone can get it to work in AR it will be fun!

It seems it is also only for XP. I don't know if it will work with Vista. If you are interested you can also follow the discussion in the ZB forums here: http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/sho...222#post598222 to see which programs others have tried it with and what they have to say.

Enjoy,

Yvan.
    Last edited by yvan_c; 08-24-2009 at 09:42 PM.

I haven't tried it yet, but it seems similar to how one can set the brush features in Paint Tool SAI. Does it cause your mouse cursor to sort of flow behind your actual cursor position (as though it were attached by an elastic band)?
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Quote Originally Posted by Someonesane View Post
    Does it cause your mouse cursor to sort of flow behind your actual cursor position (as though it were attached by an elastic band)?
    Hi SS, that is exactly what it does (or should I say, what it is supposed to do).

There is also a little red "elastic band" (if I may use your description) in MS Paint and Inkscape (the apps I tested it in), which varies in length when you change the settings (radius etc.).

Yvan.

Hi,
    I'm the author of LazyNezumi.
    I'll be happy to help anyone if you have trouble getting it to run with a supported app. Just send me a DbgView log (see README.txt for instructions) and I'll see what I can do.
    Ivan: you only need to copy the WinTab32.dll if you don't already have this file. It is included for people who don't have tablets and hence don't have this dll installed in their system. My app is linked against it to support tablets, so it complains if it doesn't find the dll.
    cheers,
    kamih

It works great. I love the noise feature too. Reminds me of Alchemy. Great little app.
    Be well,

"Teach, Learn, Thrive"~DM

Yes!! Got it to work in AR.

Seems a little buggy though, but still workable. You just have to play around with the settings a bit.

Thanx kamih!

What kind of bugs do you get in AR? When I tested it, I remember only having glitchy guide-line rendering (I'll try to fix that when I have some free time..).

Quote Originally Posted by kamih View Post
    I remember only having glitchy guide-line rendering (I'll try to fix that when I have some free time..).
    Yes that is what I encountered. I also had to click twice with the mouse or press down twice with the tablet pen before the brush would actually start painting.

Whenever you have time...

This sounds like a helpful little app. Looking forward trying this in the next few days ;-)

New version