ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: I gotta sweet tooth for ya', a suga' craving. - WIP

I gotta sweet tooth for ya', a suga' craving. - WIP

I've yet to think of a name for this, but anyway.

My best friend had an MSN display picture, of a girl sitting with a heart shaped lollipop. And that kinda gave me a jump-start. Pushing me out of the fog and into the light, because before I had artist's block...Now, I can't stop drawing!
    So, I saw that picture, then I found a refrence photo on google, which I looked at, then did a quick sketch, so, I started painting. And this is the most amazing painting I've ever done.
    The teeth...I love them, I can't believe I painted them. To do them, I started out with a pinkish-grey, adding a little tiny bit of red, then adding light grey, then white, then a darker grey.

So...BEHOLD!
    (Sorry about the size!)

Click it for better quality, and the .JPG took all the beauty out of it. It also made it darker.
    So, here's a link to the .PNG version.
    http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t...hativedone.png
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lollipop.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	170.1 KB 
ID:	32255  
    Last edited by weeun; 08-23-2009 at 11:11 AM.
    The story of us
    looks a lot like a
    TRADGEDY
    now.

I have a name for it, and I'll post an update in a few minutes. Just adding a little more.
    The story of us
    looks a lot like a
    TRADGEDY
    now.

Just Wonderful Weeun, i was wondering what it was at 1st then on my second look aha it was teeth and a top lip hehehe, well done, can't wait to the rest of the face Weeun

By the way, if your not happy with the jpg looks, i have seen what your talking about with my own works, you can upload png's the the forum, just so you know. Also why not sign up for an account at Flikr.com, it's an awesome photo/image hosting site, all you need to do when you post and image is copy the url and place these tags in front an behind the address so...

[img]http//:blahblah@Flkir.com[/img]

By placing these tags you tell the artrage forum it's an image, by doing it this way you can post larger images "in size" not dimensions, and also place them where you would like in the post.
    Vista Business SP2 - 32 bit
    Hardrives - 320Gb main
    MB - Intel Core 2 CPU@2.4Ghz

Memory
    - 2 Gb
    Graphics Card
    - NVidiaGeForce 8800GT,190.62
    Cuda

Monitor
    - Hewlett Packard 22

AR3 Studio Professional Unleash The Full Power

Very good teeth, they are so hard to do, by your screenshot I can see you have some layers and a nice head shape, already done.
    Don't forget to do a duplicate of the teeth, I've only just found out about that myself, just in case, don't want them to get spoilt. So far it's coming along nicely.

Okay, here is an update. The lollipop was hard, I wasn't sure how to draw it. I'm probably going to tweak it some more, because it just doesn't seem to look right. Sorry if it takes a while to load, if it does, I'll put it in link form, or as an attatchment.
    Hmmm...The bottom lip seems thin, I'll need to fix that.

Last edited by weeun; 08-23-2009 at 11:43 AM.
    The story of us
    looks a lot like a
    TRADGEDY
    now.

Didn't take long to load

Looks like a really cool tongue at the moment to me lol, i think your doing great Weeun and it's great to see you having fun again
    Hardrives - 320Gb main

Memory
    - 2 Gb
    Graphics Card
    Cuda

Monitor
    - Hewlett Packard 22

Quote Originally Posted by Silentman View Post
    Didn't take long to load

Looks like a really cool tongue at the moment to me lol, i think your doing great Weeun and it's great to see you having fun again
    That's actually the lollipop. I don't know how to make it look like one.
    It'll look better when I put the lollipop stick in.
    The story of us
    looks a lot like a
    TRADGEDY
    now.

I know it's a lolly pop, i was just saying is all geez whiz lol, stop stressing Weeun, your doing great, i really really like your painting Ok ??

You've done an excellent job with the teeth and top lip, they look excellent

Keep up the good painting
    Hardrives - 320Gb main

Memory
    - 2 Gb
    Graphics Card
    Cuda

Monitor
    - Hewlett Packard 22

Hi weeun have you tried altering and lowering the opacity on the lolly layer, it might work, it might make it look less thick and more like a lolly.
    Worth trying.
    Or try red at the bottom half and white with multicoloured glitter at the top, I've had lollies that colour combination.