ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Need Tech Support

Need Tech Support

I just discovered a strange computer issue with ArtRage. I tried to open my iMindMap v.4 (Buzan mindmapper) by using the shortcut to the program on my desktop. First, ArtRage opened up and then iMindMap opened up. I closed ArtRage and then went to File and Open in imindMap and when I selected Open, ArtRage opened up again.

I closed everything, rebooted and the same issue happened. It doesn't happen with any other program. iMindMap is not a new install; I rarely use the program. I also opened iMindMap by finding its folder in Program files and then selecting the exe icon. Again, ArtRage opened up first and then iMindMap.

??????????
    Thanks for your help.

to me it looks like a practical joke (because most things in life are funny to me)

If you go to the .exe file in program files, right click it, and then click properties, there should be a tab somewhere that says "Shortcut" If it says target is gibberish/imindmap then that is your problem. Find the joker in your life and make him/her fix it.

Otherwise, if when you go to the .exe file and right click, properties and there is no shortcut tab, click the digital signatures tab. If it says ambient design, this file is artrage and has somehow become renamed. If it says its unavailable, someone wrote an exe file that would open up both problems at once. Again, find the joker and make him/her fix it.

If neither of those things helps you, I'm not nerd enough to figure it out without actually looking at the problem. Hope that helps!
    Early to bed early to rise makes a man stupid and blind in the eyes - Orson Scott Card

No shortcut tab. Yes a digital signature tab. Ambient Design is what it says. Same with Buzan online. I don't see any conflict. But appreciate your help, all the same.

Hm. odd. It look like the problem is with Buzan not AR. If AR functions correctly but Buzan opens AR, I would guess there is something messed up with mindmapper. Have you posted for help there as well?

What was your order of install? Is AR a new install that messed up Buzan or was it a spontaneous combustion thing? How long have you had the programs installed for? It could be some of the Buzan .dll files or something.
    Early to bed early to rise makes a man stupid and blind in the eyes - Orson Scott Card

Buzan was on my system first by several months. I installed ArtRage for the first time about 5 weeks ago. I can post for help with Buzan, too.
    Thanks, Gray.

Believe this or not, I set everything aside and was beginning to do my sit ups when I figured out the problem. I installed the Wacom tablet and pen and set up an association to use the pen in iMindMap through ArtRage (which was way wrong). When I "dis" associated the pen from iMindMap, things work the way they should. I just need to figure out where the exe file is in the Tablet folder of Wacom to use. Thanks for all your help.