ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: double stylus tap for selection on UMPC

Gallery
    View images

Smile double stylus tap for selection on UMPC

My problem is that for each tool or menu selection I have to double tap for a validation. I use the Umpc version of Artrage on a HTC Shift.
    Could anybody tell me if there is a way to have simple tap selection like on the PC version?

Thanks!

Gallery
    View images
    Hi there! ArtRage Windows or UMPC doesn't itself require a double tap for selection of menu items, so it sounds like something external may be causing this odd behavior. Try closing down any background applications or utilities before launching ArtRage to see if you can an idea of whether one of these is involved.

Check that you have the latest input drivers for your UMPC from the manufacturer's website.

Also, download this file http://www2.ambientdesign.com/files/no_ink.inf ( If you're using Firefox, right click the link and 'save target as' to save the file ) and place it in ArtRage's Resources subfolder e.g. c:\program files\ambient design\artrage 2\resources\ <-- file goes here. This will rule out the possibility that it's a Microsoft Ink Services setting relating to the problem.

I hope that helps!
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Gallery
    View images
    I've been getting some weird behavior of late too Dave, what does that file actually do, don't mean to railroad the thread, but sometimes my normal mouse won't work but my stylus and "Wacom mouse" does and other times it's the other way around, i'm wondering if my problem is related to that file, maybe it will fix it ?
    Vista Business SP2 - 32 bit
    Hardrives - 320Gb main
    MB - Intel Core 2 CPU@2.4Ghz

Memory
    - 2 Gb
    Graphics Card
    - NVidiaGeForce 8800GT,190.62
    Cuda

Monitor
    - Hewlett Packard 22

AR3 Studio Professional Unleash The Full Power

Gallery
    View images
    All the file does is prevent ArtRage from using Microsoft Ink Services for tablet input, instead using wintab ( a different tablet input system ). So if you're using Windows and get strange behavior when using a tablet, I normally recommend trying that as it can rule out any settings in Ink Services being the cause when trying to paint in ArtRage.

Trying it doesn't affect anything other than ArtRage's tablet input, and if the result is unhelpful, you can just remove the file and start up ArtRage again to continue working the way you were.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Gallery
    View images
    Thanks for taking the time answer my question Dave, i'll give it a shot the next time my PC gets cranky lol
    Vista Business SP2 - 32 bit
    Hardrives - 320Gb main
    MB - Intel Core 2 CPU@2.4Ghz

Memory
    - 2 Gb
    Graphics Card
    - NVidiaGeForce 8800GT,190.62
    Cuda

Monitor
    - Hewlett Packard 22

AR3 Studio Professional Unleash The Full Power

Gallery
    View images
    Unfortunately it didn't solve the problem. Very strangely, Artrage is the only app doing this. Sketchbook and photoshop do not have this issue.

Thanks for your time.

Thierry

Gallery
    View images
    Could you let me know:

1/ What operating system you're using on your UMPC
    2/ The exact path you placed the no_ink.inf file in?
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Gallery
    View images
    Hi,
    -I currently have a beta of windows 7 but it was doing the same with the original vista that shipped with the device.
    -I placed the files in the folder you mentioned: resources in atrage2.

The file you gave me only has a line of text, is this right?

Thanks

Gallery
    View images
    Unfortunately we haven't encountered this behavior on a UMPC before, it most likely relates to the input drivers so there may be a setting in there which can be changed to improve this. We don't currently have a machine of that model for testing, the only other thing which might help, though unlikely is to go to Edit -> Preferences and disable Precise tablet mode.

That's correct regarding the no_ink.inf file contents, only the filename is important.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design