ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: The stencil tool & combinding layers

The stencil tool & combinding layers

I can't seem to reposition the stencil to the center of the canvas. How do I do that? Also, I never knew how to combind layers to make a complete image. How is this done?

Stencils don't have an option to automatically snap to the centre of the canvas. You can move stencils around the canvas by right clicking and dragging them though, or by selecting the move tool ( 4 way arrow in the lower panel ) and using that to drag them to different locations.

If you want to combine your layers into a single layer, right click a layer in the layer panel and select 'Merge all layers'. This will compress all of the contents of the layers into a single layer.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Thank you for the stencil move Dave. I still have to work on the layer part, I haven't quite got it. I'm a slow learner LOL

Lightbulb Merging Layers

If I may timidly point out (as a seriously clueless newbie!) you do have to be INSIDE the layer box, not anywhere on its framework, to right-click and get that option. OR you can click on the little drop-down arrow on the framework, upper left, and get a menu that also contains a "merge layers" option. Hope that helps!
    Last edited by Taylor_Ink; 08-27-2009 at 01:28 PM.