ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: AR doesn't run any more

Exclamation AR doesn't run any more

hello everybody.

yesterday i tried to defrag my C: (=system) drive, used paragon hd manager.
    for some strange reason i decided to abort operation (using the program's command).
    after rebooting paragon hdm was dead (missing settings.xml file) so i removed it (ctrl panel>add/remove).
    but the saddest is that artrage doesn't run any more. when i try to run it, the process "artrage.exe" occupies 50% of CPU, but nothing's happening.
    other programs seem to work properly.
    i uninstalled AR, cleaned registry, installed AR, it didn't help.
    since creating "system recovery points" was disabled on my PC, i couldn't use it.
    i repaired the system with win xp cd rom. no effect.

do you have any suggestions? i'm afraid i have to completely reinstall my system.

Hi romuch,

ArtRage's installed files are all located in its folder, with the exception of its settings file. You can check whether the problem comes from a damaged settings file by going to Start, Run, enter 'Application Data' and clicking OK. Open the Ambient Design folder, then the ArtRage 2 folder and you should see a file called 'artrage.prs'. Delete this, then try to launch ArtRage.

If that doesn't help, see if the problem relates to any other programs running in the background by starting up Windows, closing down any background programs then launching ArtRage.

Let me know how you get on, I'll be happy to help further. You can email me at support@ambientdesign.com and I can do some more detailed troubleshooting with you directly.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

DaveRage, thank you so much!

everything works fine now!

Awesome! Glad to hear that helped! By the way, was it the prs file which was causing the problem? Just wondering, as this is an odd behavior, so it's good to know about in case we see it in future.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Yes, it was that file. Removing solved the problem.
    Once more, thank you.

Thanks romuch! Much appreciated.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design