Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Only drawings,pen

Gallery
    View images

Only drawings,pen

Hi, I decided to open this post were will take only drawings study in pen.
    Presented drawings probably will never be finished.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ornament.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	234.0 KB 
ID:	31731  

Gallery
    View images
    Very nice sketch and in pen too, i was thinking pen would be more difficult because there are no shades of grey, but you've made it look easy, enticing to me, enough to encourage me to try one with pen myself

I'll be watching your thread with anticipation, i'm currently learning to sketch, any pointers you would like to throw out whilst your posting your excellent sketches i'll be all ears

What settings did you use for the pen tool ?
    Last edited by Silentman; 08-10-2009 at 10:08 PM. Reason: Edited for clarity
    Vista Business SP2 - 32 bit
    Hardrives - 320Gb main
    MB - Intel Core 2 CPU@2.4Ghz

Memory
    - 2 Gb
    Graphics Card
    - NVidiaGeForce 8800GT,190.62
    Cuda

Monitor
    - Hewlett Packard 22

AR3 Studio Professional Unleash The Full Power

Gallery
    View images
    Lovely wonder, that's a lovely plant.
    Silentman, the pens quite good I prefer it to paint, the paint keeps stopping, just like a real brush, but pen continues, although for a real looking sketch rough pencil is good on full soft.

Gallery
    View images
    A lovely image, wonder-w! A clear example of using of pen tool productively!
    The artist is the lover of Nature, therefore he is her slave and her master. - Rabindranth Tagore

Gallery
    View images
    Silentman, thank for your interest and I am pleased that this post is inspiring for further work.
    And now something about the settings, drawing with a pencil in AR ... the appearance of lines affected types of paper, so we first set the paper settings for which a greater roughness is that is more broken line, and vice versa.
    Pencil can do that looks more like charcoal (tilt angle on 45-70%), as a shadow (tilt angle more than 70%) or clear lines (tilt angle less than 40%) depending on subjects that we draw.
    What color is concerned, I usually choose one color and tone changing with the softness tool. Drawing set with clear and across the line, and shadow adjust with softness tool and a thin line ... and of course, recommending the use of a tablet , because are more precising work than with the mouse. Lots of fun and good luck.

Sandyg and Wenkat thanks to the commentary, I'm glad that you like it.

P.S. I discover google translator jeeeee
    Last edited by wonder-w; 08-11-2009 at 04:00 PM.

Gallery
    View images
    Wonder thanks for explaining the settings of the AR pencil in more detail,
    I've never used the tilt of the pencil, so I thank you for the explanation.

Gallery
    View images
    another one ornament.. pen (of course ) : pressure 92%, softness 50%, tilt angle 10%, precise off
    paper: roughness 56%, scale 51%, opacity 100%
    one layer

Name:	Ornament 2 f.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	148.2 KB 
ID:	31771  

Gallery
    View images
    Just some quick sketches probably never going to become a major pieces but they were done to improve my observation and line skills. I sent up a file for myself on my computer called sketch book to put these in.

Name:	bummbly bees.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	93.4 KB 
ID:	31774  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	longlegged spider.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	75.6 KB 
ID:	31775  

Gallery
    View images
    Hey Thanks Wonder for sharing those details with us, i came across some other settings last night too, which may be of interest to you.

I found that adjusting the pen settings in my Wacom tablet properties affected the settings within ArtRage a great deal, after setting the pen to a firmer setting and adjusting the settings in the tool settings for the pencil in AR i was able to get a pencil the really felt a lot like a real pencil, i was able to get a grey rough line from pressing lightly and a black stroke from pressing harder, no harder than one would on a real pencil, i was over joyed.

I haven't refined it completely yet but i found the best way to experiment is to open ArtRage and reduce the size it takes up on the monitor then open up the tablet properties and place them side by side, this way you can change the settings rapidly and thus refine your settings quite a lot and easily

Seeing you like sketching, i felt i should let you know about 2 resources here that i have posted a little while ago, i thought you may have missed them, they are of flowers and stuff, if you would like some of them you can download them from my Flikr Photostream.

Here's the links:

http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...ad.php?t=21168

And

http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...ad.php?t=21401

There's cactus's and an interesting wood stump, all sorts of things in the 2nd link, oh and there's some big Magnolia trees too
    Vista Business SP2 - 32 bit
    Hardrives - 320Gb main
    MB - Intel Core 2 CPU@2.4Ghz

Memory
    - 2 Gb
    Graphics Card
    - NVidiaGeForce 8800GT,190.62
    Cuda

Monitor
    - Hewlett Packard 22

AR3 Studio Professional Unleash The Full Power

Gallery
    View images
    Some cool pictures in there. Thanks for that link again Silentman, I never would have found that if you hadn't posted those links.
    Early to bed early to rise makes a man stupid and blind in the eyes - Orson Scott Card