Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Warning!! Rant, The Epitomy Of Rudeness

Gallery
    View images

Warning!! Rant, The Epitomy Of Rudeness

Well fellow Ragers, today i was met by the "Epitomy Of Rudeness" i decided on this afternoon a peaceful sunny Sunday afternoon here on the mid north coast of Australia, to pop down to the local reserve which has an old railway bridge crossing the water of an inlet surrounded by the "USUAL" peace and tranquility of the local wild life. Well wasn't i in for shock!!

So i sit down to a picnic table miles well.. a good 30 to 40 meters from all the families having their picnics, right next to the bridge i wanted to sketch, i thought this is great perhaps i'll even try and sketch the couple of kids trying their best to catch a fish or two.

Boy Was I MISTAKEN.

It all started with these rotten little fowl mouthed kids, they were hardly having a ledgable conversation with each other at all, it was entirely swear words. I challenged myself as soon as i sat down to do a quick sketch of a pelican floating by (rather big bird) and you wouldn't believe it, these 10 year old kids started to throw rocks at it, man i felt putting one of them over my knee and giving him a bloody good spanking.

So.... i let that go and tried to put their foul mouths out of my mind and continue with the project at hand, i've had this spot pictured in my mind for over a week now and i wasn't about to let some miserable little kids spoil it for me.

So i got half way putting in the foundations of the drawing, the bridge was coming along, i was getting serious about those pesky rocks that were half in and out of the water, and i pretty much had the other shore line nailed, then you wouldn't believe it, no REALLY you just wouldn't imagine it happening ever....

This guy that stood about 6 foot 3 and looked as rough as a shabby old nail, sits down right sqaure in front of me, on the other side of the picnic table, making sure to completely block my view.

By now your thinking i'm nuts right... well that's ok, i'll put it another way, imagine you've got your easel set up, and some bloke comes and stands right in front of you, ignoring your attempts to speak to him and kindly ask him if he could move to one side, yup that's right, i said Excuse me (not frustrated at all, my tone was calm) and i thought he mustn't have heard me over the kids carrying on so i raised my voice a notch and said !! HEy Buddy!!, and leaned over to get his direct attention, he ignored me, at this time i knew something was up and i'd been had, i am rather small in stature, 5 foot 7.5 to be precise and i didn't feel like sporting a broken nose and god knows what else, as i said this looked like a roughed up football, he was mean and meant for trouble.

So i promptly packed up and left quietly vowing never to return to that spot ever again, EVER....

Moril of the story, choose you spot to sketch carefully.

There is absolutely nothing worse than some butt hole coming along and destroying your composition.

!Rant Off!

I learn't a very good lesson, i will never ever try to sketch with people around ever again, not in this world that is choka block full of absolute rudeness and filthy mouths, i am beside myself and cannot believe whats happened to our beautiful world. People have no respect for each other, every conversation is full of F's and C's, it's just horrible and makes me sad.

Anyways, if you read this thanks, maybe you've come across your own example of utter rudness that you may need to get off your chest, i know i did, so really thanks for listening and i hope i haven't upset your day
    Vista Business SP2 - 32 bit
    Hardrives - 320Gb main
    MB - Intel Core 2 CPU@2.4Ghz

Memory
    - 2 Gb
    Graphics Card
    - NVidiaGeForce 8800GT,190.62
    Cuda

Monitor
    - Hewlett Packard 22

AR3 Studio Professional Unleash The Full Power

Gallery
    View images
    Next time take a digital camera and snap a few pictures so you will be able to complete the painting when you get home. If you then have the chance set up and do the painting.
    Put today out of your mind and go on with your life. They have the problem, not you. You can always go back on another day when no one is around.

Gallery
    View images
    Sorry for your unpleasant experience Col and I completely understand your emotional reaction to it. At times like that I find it soothing to re-read The Desiderata.

Gallery
    View images
    Why that rusty nail %#(%# of a a_)$Q#$)( Cu)@(*# why He could just kiss my )*(&%$# a()&*% and you wouldn't even have to pay for a model.

And were the little sons a rusty nail with their foul mouthed tw)&Q$s with the )$&Q#)($# )_($Q439q )Q#9Q3498 shoved up their little _)&*$A#% _)(*%$Q#*&#64 (spelling?) why, that bent (Q$&#& nail (*$A)()(*Q$# )(*$Q Q)Q*$ wuz their fu)(*$QW# dad.

Why, those motherless )*&%#$)( )(*&Q$*($Q# gots no manners they ain't. And when they sees somebody what's sensitive in blistered ol' Aussiedum, why their brains just sorta start draining out their ears backwards and they can't wait to fu+#Q)(# wif 'em.

Hates ta say it, but you was lucky, mate. Coulda had your laptop, complete with a licensed copy of Artrage installed down the pelican's gullet along wif all traces of your good gazes.

Don't let me get all sentimental on ya, but it sorta reminds me of the ol' daze of real paint, none of this virtual )Q($)(Q#-%$W crap, we artists had t' carry crusty pallette knives, long 'uns too, smellin of turpentine and chemicals and _)$*(AQ$@* wot could be brandished with color and murderous intent when faced with the loutish types such as these cretins. We brooked no +)Q($&*# shit. . . I mean we brooked no bully (&$)*)@).

Think positive. You might be pleased to imagine that for that very custom fitted _(Q##*0 )(Q$8 come-uppence, that scum of a rusted nail was hammered and probably was busy that afternoon puking on his sofa.

And you, silentman, I'm right proud of ya. . . It was good to see you invoked your _&%$Q#&*$ superpowers when facing that villain and his spawn. You disarmed his lowlife self and henchmen with your powers of super silence of the $)&*@&$ lambs.

Good' on ya, matey.

Remember, a picture is worth a thousand Q@&$)# bastards lurkin' about in the wildlife sanctuary. Was probably a protected $Q*((&# species their own rotten selves and you was sloshing through their toxic dump.

Use a camera, as God has 'dained to grant us humble artistans.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Gallery
    View images
    I have to agree about the digital camera. The little sharts and the big uns too are much more well behaved after you have placed them in a painting. It is a different world out there indeed. So sorry you had to have your day spoiled.
    A foul mouthed little brat can take on angelic form in a painting.

Gallery
    View images
    Thanks Guys, it's great to have a good old chuckle after the fact hehehe, i just couldn't believe it.

Yeah i coulda taken a picture, but it just isn't the same, sitting there and speculating over angles and tones, is awesome and something i'm enjoying very much or was until i met the Jacj a.. this afternoon, so... tomorrow's another day and hey, i have plenty of other spots that i've been dreaming of that aren't surrounded by idiots lol

I'll have the place all to myself, just the way i like, peace love and happiness to you all
    Vista Business SP2 - 32 bit
    Hardrives - 320Gb main
    MB - Intel Core 2 CPU@2.4Ghz

Memory
    - 2 Gb
    Graphics Card
    - NVidiaGeForce 8800GT,190.62
    Cuda

Monitor
    - Hewlett Packard 22

AR3 Studio Professional Unleash The Full Power

Gallery
    View images
    Dear Silentman, That is what I call "A hell day." It is terrible that some folks would want to go out and hurt animals and people for their fun. It is wonderful that you had the sense to walk away from that possessed person, and those little undisciplined children. So sorry that you had such a bad day. Some people don't have any goodness or light in them, that is for sure. Sending hugs.

Gallery
    View images
    Well Silentman... Sorry for the experience you encountered today but I think it may have all been worth the hassle just to be hysterically entertained by our very own #(*&*$(#_ witty and well versed D Akey!
    "The significance is hiding in the insignificant. Appreciate everything."
    Eckhart Tolle

Gallery
    View images
    You could have used my .45. It only makes noise for a short while and will tame all 3 of them. The water only keeps the red tint for a short time.

The camera is only in case things excalate like before. You never can tell, maybe the guy likes you and is stalking you.LOL
    When I was doing pastels a few years ago the camera was suggested. It also keeps the shadows stationary. You can then do the painting and refine the shadows later.

Gallery
    View images
    Raybrite, maybe you are right.... LOL.