Thread: Revisiting a pic...

Revisiting a pic...

I had started a pic about.... Half a year ago? but dueto homework, and presents... etc... i sort of forgot about it. (Old thread can be seen here: http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...ad.php?t=19437)
    I went back to it, but i've been having a really hard time to do the ground and grass. Any suggestions?
    Attached is the pic with out grass, and with a quick try... as you can see it very much blends into the background.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blossomone.JPG 
Views:	94 
Size:	159.9 KB 
ID:	31582  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B-2.JPG 
Views:	100 
Size:	168.7 KB 
ID:	31583  

REMEMBER!
    Never be afraid to try;
    Amateurs built the arc, yet professionals built the titanic!

Gallery
    View images
    Depends on what you are looking for... one solid background would work if the grass were blended with what you have. But I think it would make your portrait really pop out if you found (ummm I don't have the correct technical terms but...) an extreme contrast to the light green on the right side.

Gallery
    View images
    WoW i really like the different style

There's a grass stencil, in Mr Paints Stencil collection i believe, if your having troubles
    Vista Business SP2 - 32 bit
    Hardrives - 320Gb main
    MB - Intel Core 2 CPU@2.4Ghz

Memory
    - 2 Gb
    Graphics Card
    - NVidiaGeForce 8800GT,190.62
    Cuda

Monitor
    - Hewlett Packard 22

AR3 Studio Professional Unleash The Full Power

Thankyou, Squirls and Silentman! I'm trying out that stencil now and i'll post it up when I'm done.
    REMEMBER!
    Never be afraid to try;

Gallery
    View images
    she is beautiful! And your color palette is just exquisite! I love that peachy pink rose color! wow. I am so sorry I missed your pic the first time. I sometimes forget to look here.
    About the grass... you can use a stencil like Jack made or there is a technique by Peter Pinckney also on painting grass.. probably in the tips and tricks section. Also as Silentman mentioned mr. Paint's stencil. That being said you could also take advantage of the naturally pointed oil brush and make some blades yourself... worth a try. I think the problem is that you need to turn on the instant dry button. This will allow you to paint without the strokes blending in to the paint already there and disappearing.

Finished!

Thankyou everyone for your wonderful comments and critiques! I manages to find a grass stencil and it came in very useful as you can see.

The actual finished pic Will be posted here: http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...886#post218886
    have a look! it is definitely worth it... Even if i say so myself!
    REMEMBER!
    Never be afraid to try;