ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: can't save colors

can't save colors

,,,,was making new color pallete, loaded them but have tried and tried but can't seem to 'save' them anywhere, can't seem to find the right place to put them, keep getting denied, usually save everything that is ArtRage in 'Pictures' but nothing seems to work,,,, Help Please????
    Attached Images Attached Images   

It looks like the operating system is denying access to that folder, so I suspect your Windows login doesn't have permission to save files to that location. Check that you can save to another location e.g. My Documents instead. If you're still unable to save, you may need to check your Windows account permissions.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

If your running Vista, you'll get this all the time Lee, because Vista is locked down like closed clam shell. Another thing you could try is, make sure your account on the computer is an administrator one. In vista go Control Panel/ User Accounts and you will get this window to pop up, it will tell you straight away if your an administrator or not, if not change it with the available settings on the left of that dialog box. Hope it helps

I will take this picture down, once you have replied for security reasons Ok
    Last edited by Silentman; 08-07-2009 at 01:31 PM.
    Vista Business SP2 - 32 bit
    Hardrives - 320Gb main
    MB - Intel Core 2 CPU@2.4Ghz

Memory
    - 2 Gb
    Graphics Card
    - NVidiaGeForce 8800GT,190.62
    Cuda

Monitor
    - Hewlett Packard 22

AR3 Studio Professional Unleash The Full Power

Dear Silentman, thank you very much,,,, you can take down your page now,,, did just as you said,,, i am the 'boss' here, will check further with those settings you suggest though, again, thank you very very much!!!

Dear Dave,,,, Thank you very much,,, i may be doing something wrong as this is the first time i ever tried to save a color sampler, have it named and everything,,, will try again,,,,

well,,, seems i can pop open the color sampler i made and it is still there!!! the file is somewhere in the outer limits of my computer, it appears that is is loading something somewhere but maybethe sampler is just too big, it is still half there which is better than none, thank you!!!

GEEZE!!!! sorry, spoke too soon, my color sampler is gone now,,, fudge!!! going to give up and start over,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, thanks anyway!!!

Ok the other thing you need to know is windows saves program info to 2 places until Windows 7, it's a huge stuff up on their behalf.

One lot of information is in your program files, the other is in your App Data, yeah i know go figure.

So... Programfiles/AmbientDesign/resources/ blah blah and the other should be M:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\Ambient Design\ArtRage 2\Resources this where those files could be hiding.

Please correct me if i'm wrong Dave
    Vista Business SP2 - 32 bit
    Hardrives - 320Gb main
    MB - Intel Core 2 CPU@2.4Ghz

Memory
    - 2 Gb
    Graphics Card
    - NVidiaGeForce 8800GT,190.62
    Cuda

Monitor
    - Hewlett Packard 22

AR3 Studio Professional Unleash The Full Power

Dear SilentMan, Thanks for your help,,,the color sampler has re-appeared, , for now!!!