Thread: Some Stock Photo's from the Botanic Gardens

Gallery
    View images

Some Stock Photo's from the Botanic Gardens

Ok as promised, i organized some photo's from the local Botanic Gardens.

So whats on offer you say, right then, there are some cactus shots, some Magnolia trees (beautiful flowering trees), a few different varieties of lilies an interesting stump and various others, i'll post a few shots below to give an idea, as it's winter time, most of the flowers came from the green house which turned out ok for most photo's, don't worry i'm super keen to head back in spring which is next month i think

I have hosted 50 Meg's worth of photo's over at Flikr into the "Botanic Gardens Set", each photo is around the 950kb's to 1.5Meg's mark and tonight i will start to upload 10.3MG TIFF versions too Rapidshare of each of the photo's exclusively for ArtRage users, so you can download them if you like, the large files size will help when you want to zoom right in on the details.

File sizes are:

10.3Meg TIFF W 2187 x H 1640 @240ppi - approx 9.1" x 6.8"
    1 to 1.5Meg Jpg's W 1422 x H1066 @ 72 ppi "landscape"
    1 to 1.5Meg Jpg's W 1066 x H1422 @ 72 ppi "Portrait"

Ok a tip, i was messing around with file sizes and zoom ability and i noticed by fluke that Microsoft Picture Manager "not the viewer" which comes with Microsoft Office, (i'm using the 2007 version, but it may work for earlier versions) has an inbuilt algorithm for removing the jaggies as you zoom in, this is awesome, with the 10Meg photo's i could zoom as far as 350% close enough to see an ant crawling at the size of a 5 cent piece lol, so if you want to zoom to get some extra details whilst painting the flowers and cactus's then open the photo up with the manager and tab back and forth

Moving right along, i'll edit this post when i'm done uploading to Rapidshare, oh and unlike the Media one Rapidshare doesn't have spam

Without further adieu here's 5 photo's from the "Botanic Gardens Collection" of 27 photo's, i really really hope you get some use out of them

You will find the whole set right here http://www.flickr.com/photos/silentm...7621959967170/

Small Cactus 02

Small Pond 02

Red Flower 03

Bright Pink 03

Wood Stump 01

You will find the whole set right here http://www.flickr.com/photos/silentm...7621959967170/
    Vista Business SP2 - 32 bit
    Hardrives - 320Gb main
    MB - Intel Core 2 CPU@2.4Ghz

Memory
    - 2 Gb
    Graphics Card
    - NVidiaGeForce 8800GT,190.62
    Cuda

Monitor
    - Hewlett Packard 22

AR3 Studio Professional Unleash The Full Power

Gallery
    View images
    These are beautiful Silentman and I will definately get some use out of them. There are 3 or 4 that I have fallen in love with and my mind is racing on what painting to do and what composition. Thanks again.
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Gallery
    View images
    Thanks Coops, i'm glad there of some use
    Hardrives - 320Gb main

Memory
    - 2 Gb
    Graphics Card
    Cuda

Monitor
    - Hewlett Packard 22

Gallery
    View images
    Thanks for sharing those beautiful pictures and definitely they'll come handy one time or the other. A great collection indeed!
    The artist is the lover of Nature, therefore he is her slave and her master. - Rabindranth Tagore

Gallery
    View images
    Thanks Heaps Wenkat, i'm really glad you like them
    Hardrives - 320Gb main

Memory
    - 2 Gb
    Graphics Card
    Cuda

Monitor
    - Hewlett Packard 22

Gallery
    View images
    Ok i have uploaded roughly 20 odd photo's to Rapid Share, the problem is i'm gonna have to post each link here, for each separate photo, i'll try and do it as neatly as possible, if anyone is experienced with Rapid Share, then please give me shout and let me know of an easier way to organize it. So you will notice that not all the photo's have been uploaded to RS, if there's one that your missing please for the love of god ask me for it, it'
    s no effort to upload it To download just click on the "Free User" link, then you may have to wait 20 or 30 Seconds and will be given a download link, enjoy

The Links have been removed and files taken down, thanks everyone and i hope you enjoyed the large files size for a change
    Last edited by Silentman; 09-13-2009 at 08:48 AM.
    Hardrives - 320Gb main

Memory
    - 2 Gb
    Graphics Card
    Cuda

Monitor
    - Hewlett Packard 22

Gallery
    View images
    Thanks Rose, don't forget you can grab the 10 Meg ones from Rapidshare, download as many as you like and keep them for safe keeping, not often people get the chance to download such big photo's

Just follow the links, click on free user and bammo you have a download link available
    Hardrives - 320Gb main

Memory
    - 2 Gb
    Graphics Card
    Cuda

Monitor
    - Hewlett Packard 22

Gallery
    View images
    Thanks Silentman, lovely selection of beautiful photos.