Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Finished, Printed, and displayed ArtRage Artwork

Sketch (and all): Turtleman has started a similar thread at http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...ote=1&p=207665. I've suggested he pop over here to share his expertise. Meanwhile, you may also find his thread a useful resource.
    Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well.
    Thread with bunches of my AR paintings-conversations. Here

Thanks Byron! Here is Misty Morning framed. This is the cheap print ordered from Costco. I thought it actually came out pretty nice (better than expected actually). I threw it in a frame I already had. The size of this print is 20 x 30". I would actually like it in a nicer frame with matting...but at least you guy's can see how the print turned out!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1907 bear framed.psd.jpg 
Views:	279 
Size:	210.0 KB 
ID:	32217  
    "The significance is hiding in the insignificant. Appreciate everything."
    Eckhart Tolle

Terrific Sketch. Yes, it came out quite nice - good light, lots of atmosphere and the detail and color subtlety in His Majesty are all quite fine. Not bad at all. 20 x 30 is a pretty nice size for getting a better feel for the work. Congratulations.

Which process did you use at Costco, and what did they charge you. Maybe you could post some of your printing specifics as useful input for others. Orderly information for people would include (and anything you don't know just say "I don't know.").

1. What was the pixel size the file you gave the printer.
    2. What was your final print size.
    3. What was the printing dpi (or was it a continuous tone photographic reproduction.
    4. Do you know of anything specific the printer did with your file before printing (like color correction, re-sampling up, etc.) or did you just give it to him and pretty much took care of everything like magic without your involvement).
    5. Did you see a color proof before printing? If yes, did the final match the proof (good/bad/etc??)
    6. What process was used for printing (four or six color ink jet, laser printing, offset lithography (not in this case), photographic process reproduction, giclee, etc.)
    7. What was the printing substrate: glossy or matte paper or card stock; canvas and what kind; photographic reproduction stock; etc.
    8.. What is you honest opinion of the result? What's better than you expected? What's worse? Are you satisfied with the outcome?
    9. What did it cost?
    10.What did you learn?
    11. Would you use the process again for work you are going to hang on your wall? For selling to clients?
    12. Do you have any recommendations that come from your experience?

If everyone posted even half of this stuff it would give others a more realistic experience about what to expect. Since the thread is intended as a resource, it would be great if you found a few minutes to kick it off. (How's THAT for putting you on the spot - see, your friends can be jerks after all ).

Again, congrats Sketch. Looks great from where I sit. I bet it will look splendid in your home.

Byron

That looks awesome Sketch, i wouldn't change a thing, i wouldn't even change the frame
    Vista Business SP2 - 32 bit
    Hardrives - 320Gb main
    MB - Intel Core 2 [email protected]

Memory
    - 2 Gb
    Graphics Card
    - NVidiaGeForce 8800GT,190.62
    Cuda

Monitor
    - Hewlett Packard 22

AR3 Studio Professional Unleash The Full Power

Thanks Byron, Thanks Silentman!

Dear Byron, I function best under extreme pressure! I will gather up the answers to those questions to the best of my ability and post them. I am at work right now so I don't have access to my files. I will let you know soon! Thanks for the comments "Jerk"! lol...kidding of course!
    Eckhart Tolle

Sketch, your paintings are magnificent! Thanks for the wealth of information.

Sketch your Bear is gorgeous and he looks lovely in his frame. The printout
    looks really good, what a lovely size.

Alexandra, and Sandy... Thank you!
    Eckhart Tolle

Sketch, since you function better under pressure, we'll just have to get out the whip. .

From your favorite Jerk:

My (larger) first Color Print

Printed on a Epson Stylus Pro on Canvas. Size is 200cm x 100cm

I find the color reproduction really satisfying on the Epson Printer.

[ATTACH]32342[/ATTACH
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cprint1.jpg 
Views:	288 
Size:	373.5 KB 
ID:	32342  
    holding out for management position