Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Finished, Printed, and displayed ArtRage Artwork

Finished, Printed, and displayed ArtRage Artwork

The most difficult adjustment for me with digital art has been making it seem as "real" as my traditional art. When I finish a traditional art project my house smells of toxic chemicals, there is a huge mess to clean up and I've usually ruined at least one nice shirt. However, I usually have something ready to hang on a wall and make this world at least one painting more interesting. With digital, 99% of my art exists in a little manilla file folder on my desktop.

I'm not sure if a thread like this already exists here or not, however I thought there needed to be a place to show off some of the completed, printed, and displayed artwork of ArtRage.

This can also be a place to discuss the in's and out's of the printing, framing, and displaying process.

To date, I have had only one project printed. I had it done through Costco on standard poster paper (pretty inexpensive). It was more or less to get a feel for the printing process and to see how well the resolution, size, colors, and values worked with an inexpensive printing.

I apologize if a thread such as this already exists (I was unable to find one).

So here we go... Let's see it ArtRagers!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Baseall.jpg 
Views:	687 
Size:	387.3 KB 
ID:	31519  
    "The significance is hiding in the insignificant. Appreciate everything."
    Eckhart Tolle

That looks great Sketch, what a great idea, i'd love to see some of the printing results and to get a good handle on the printing pro's and con's
    Vista Business SP2 - 32 bit
    Hardrives - 320Gb main
    MB - Intel Core 2 [email protected]

Memory
    - 2 Gb
    Graphics Card
    - NVidiaGeForce 8800GT,190.62
    Cuda

Monitor
    - Hewlett Packard 22

AR3 Studio Professional Unleash The Full Power

Let's see how it turns out! I am also eager to know about the printing ventures of ArtRagers here.
    The artist is the lover of Nature, therefore he is her slave and her master. - Rabindranth Tagore

Got a bunch of posters printed - no nice pictures, just the attached, but they looked fantastic

And

http://flynn-the-cat.deviantart.com/...ards-130562623

http://flynn-the-cat.deviantart.com/art/Shades-of-Grey-final-130563030
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Wow... Those are awesome Flynn! Do you do your own printing?
    "The significance is hiding in the insignificant. Appreciate everything."
    Eckhart Tolle

Sketch, cool avatar. I agree with Wenkat "I am also eager to know about the printing ventures of ArtRagers here".

Are you kidding me Flyn those are excellent, thanks for sharing.

Folks if you post your pictures that you have had printed can you please explain the process and what ever setting are relevant to the printing, the technique and the place you had them printed with or at please, i like others really want to learn the best techniques for printing them
    Vista Business SP2 - 32 bit
    Hardrives - 320Gb main
    MB - Intel Core 2 [email protected]

Memory
    - 2 Gb
    Graphics Card
    - NVidiaGeForce 8800GT,190.62
    Cuda

Monitor
    - Hewlett Packard 22

AR3 Studio Professional Unleash The Full Power

Well said, Silentman....
    Sketch, this is a wonderful thread to start and I look forward to see it progress....
    Kind words can be short and easy to speak but their echoes are truly endless. ~Mother Teresa

http://rightbrainedmama.wordpress.com/

and, most especially, my photography at
    http://sweet-harmony-photography.smugmug.com/

http://foxytocin.deviantart.com/

A great thread and some lovely artwork too - it's nice to see how work looks when it's framed up and out there!

For my own home use I print my digital stuff on my Canon Pixma printer - the inks are archival and if you print high res images on high quality papers it gives an excellent finish. I've had some on my walls at least two years now with no loss of colour - obviously out of direct sunlight. So, unless you need larger sizes or are selling your work I think quality inkjet printers do the job.

My husband makes some of my frames. I like chunky, modern frames and the example in my photo is done in sycamore. I also buy up cheap ready-mades when I see some I like and then tailor-make my art to fit, rather than create some art and then try to find a frame!

The example is an ArtRage painting of a cupcake - if you hadn't guessed.Sorry about my hand reflected in the glass.

Just as an afterthought, it sits on a picture shelf (not shown)that my husband put up. If you haven't seen one, it's a great way of displaying framed artwork. No nails in the wall and you can swap them around and change them whenever the mood takes. You simply put a groove in the shelf as you would to display plates.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

They should make a room freshener with the smell of the art studio after a painting for when we finish one.
    Nice paintings.