ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kid's Forum

Kid's Forum

Would it not be better if we had a separate forum for the Kid's as opposed to a single thread for the kids who want to draw and get some feedback on their drawings?
    We have a separate account for Ray and if he post his drawings on the thread, they get lost in the shuffle of all the other ones. If he posts them on the Critique section, he gets individual comments on each one. He likes coming in from school and hearing about all the people who look at his drawings. It encouraged him to draw more.
    Just a thought. We could separate them out from the other ones with a separate forum for them (Kid's Posts).

Yep we had a discussion before about this, it's what got the "Kids Korner" thread stickied, atm it's being considered, was the last i heard

If he posts his drawings and paintings in that thread they won't be lost, or ignored, many of us with kids post them there Ken
    Vista Business SP2 - 32 bit
    Hardrives - 320Gb main
    MB - Intel Core 2 CPU@2.4Ghz

Memory
    - 2 Gb
    Graphics Card
    - NVidiaGeForce 8800GT,190.62
    Cuda

Monitor
    - Hewlett Packard 22

AR3 Studio Professional Unleash The Full Power

The problem there is that you must go through all the pages to find the post to see where it begins and then go with each post after it to see what was said about it so you can read it to him and then hope it isn't for someone else.
    At present we are posting under his account so he gets the replies for his painting and is thrilled when they come in without having to go through all the others.
    I guess it is a matter of organization. We do it for the grown-ups. Why not for the kids?

Yep your absolutely Right Ken the main issue is policing it. If you read this thread which i started a fair while ago on the same subject, you'll see where we are currently at.

The Link http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...ad.php?t=20431
    Hardrives - 320Gb main

Memory
    - 2 Gb
    Graphics Card
    Cuda

Monitor
    - Hewlett Packard 22

I went to the othe post and answered it but, I noticed it doesn't show up here.
    We will continue to post on the Critique forum for Ray. He enjoys seeing someone respond to his paintings and anwer them. He is drawing more now.
    (If I could just get him to use my tablet, I would have an excuse to get the Bamboo Medium.)

Dear Ray, ArtRage is such a wonderful program, it would be a great teaching tool, hopefully some day the ArtRage creators will offer age-approptiate programs,,,,,,

Yep Ken i was only new at the time lol, so i posted it in the general section

Thanks for having a looksy and continuing on that one, much appreciated
    Hardrives - 320Gb main

Memory
    - 2 Gb
    Graphics Card
    Cuda

Monitor
    - Hewlett Packard 22

Good idea! Children under a certain age can't be a member, right? (I think...) So... instead of totally excluding them, it would be nice to have a seperate gallery for them! Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharlotta View Post
    Good idea! Children under a certain age can't be a member, right? (I think...) So... instead of totally excluding them, it would be nice to have a seperate gallery for them! Just my opinion.

I'm pretty sure anyone, of any age, are allowed to join in on the activities of this particular forum.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Oh! Oops, sorry... 4get I said anything.