ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Hope somebody knows. . .

Hope somebody knows. . .

This might be better asked on a computer forum. I just upgraded from a Bamboo Fun tablet to a Cintique and the difference is incredible. I'm never going back. The only problem I'm having is getting my main monitor to echo what's happening on the tablet. I suspect some minor fiddle with the settings would do the job, but I just moved "up" to Vista and am unfamiliar with it.

Echo..that means you want your main monitor to display the same thing as your tablet? I'm curious why, since the Cintiq idea is to provide a display under your hand; if you want to watch another screen while drawing, you could save your money and get another tablet, non-display but otherwise as good as that Cintiq, for half the price.

Anyway, I experimented a little and found this. I'm running Vista, and using an NVidia graphics card. If you're using ATI or some other brand, their display settings should also have this option. Here is how to access it with my setup:

right-click desktop
    click 'personalize'
    Display settings window will appear. Click 'Advanced Settings' on the lower right-ish side.
    Monitor/display card properties window will open. There are five tabs on op. Click the one with the name of your video card. For example, could read 'GeForce GTX 275.'
    Then click 'Start the NVIDIA control panel.'
    There, along the left side menu tree, will be an option 'Set Up Multiple Displays.' Click that.
    Right-click on one of the stylized screens in second window on right side, under '2. Verify your display configuration.' This will pop up a very short menu; the second option is clone displays - and that should do it.

Should...I wasn't able to verify since my two monitors are too different; one immediately goes out of sync.

Hope this works, and sorry I'm not able to give an absolutely certain solution. I know at least it CAN be done but might take a little monkeying around.

Red face Thanks

Thanks for the tip, Smoke. My Cintique is a 12 inch model while my main monitor is twice that size. Having the image repeated on the large monitor allowes me to check my work at 4X resolution without stopping. (Yes, I'm very OCD.)