Thread: Layers

Gallery
    View images

Layers

Hi all i did a real nice background in 1 layer and then i wanted to add a pic over the top and have my first layer but when i merge the 2 i only get the top one any ideas please
    Graham Fisher
    Email: Home cripster99@gmail.com

Homepage: artwheel.org

Mobile: 021-029-75930

Artrage 2.6
    Artrage 3.5
    Artrage 4.04

Wacom Graphire 6x8 Bluetooth
    Win7
    4GB 64bit
    sp2

Gallery
    View images
    So, to check my understanding here, you have two layers, a background layer and a second layer, both with an image on them. I assume that when you look at your painting before you merge, you see the final result you're after, but after you merge, it's changed so that you lose everything you previously saw in the background?

The behaviour that you should see when merging is that the image will not change in appearance, just become one layer. This is, unless you have made layers semi-transparent in the layer panel ( but we're looking at that at the moment )

You can send me your ptg file to support@ambientdesign.com - I'd be glad to have a look here at the behaviour when I merge and check it out for you.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Gallery
    View images
    hi, try checking the canvas background settings of the layer above. set it to "cell". perhaps this can help.