ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Drawing is off center

Gallery
    View images

Drawing is off center

When i draw in Artrage my pen is drawing on the far left of where Im actually drawing. This started after I added a 23" Samsung Syncmaster 2343BWX widescreen monitor to my system. I also put a Nvidia Geoforce 9800 GT vid card into my system to support my dual monitor setup. I've updated my vid card and Wacom tablet drivers to the newest of new. My wacom setting are to default and work perfect in CS4 Suite... Hmmm im stumped!

Gallery
    View images
    What OS are you using?

I suspect that the problem is that your current configuration is not compatible with precise tablet mode, due to the dual monitor setup. If you're on Windows, go to Edit, Preferences and uncheck 'Precise tablet mode', then restart ArtRage. Does that help?

Let me know if not, and I can troubleshoot it further with you.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Gallery
    View images
    And/or you'll just have to readjust because the screen-tablet ratio is different (Had that when I swtiched from the old tube monitor to the longer LCD on the laptop - because the screen's a different shape, the tablet acts differently.)

Or it's just messed up

edit: I tried dual screen for a short time, and I don't think I had any issues. ArtRage was one one screen, not spread across two, if that matters.

Gallery
    View images

Yep getting closer

Im running WinXP 32-bit SP3. 'Precise tablet mode' is definitely the culprit. When i turn it to off it draws correctly. I do not span both monitors, I only use Artrage on the left widescreen monitor. Any ideas how I can utilize the 'Precise tablet mode'? I tried telling my Wacom tablet to just use the left monitor for Artrage but to no avail, same issue.

Gallery
    View images
    Thanks for that. To clarify: Not using precise tablet mode is the solution to this. Not all configurations are compatible with this mode, and I'm not aware of other drawing programs which support precise tablet mode. Not having this turned on just uses a more standard tablet input system.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design