ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: help with bay bottom

help with bay bottom

i working on a painting of a small sail boat sitting on the bay bottom after the tide has gone out . can't get the effect right. included painting and image.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	#40 high  and Dry.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	99.8 KB 
ID:	31339  
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I'm not understanding what you think the problem is here. It looks extremely promising to my eyes.

It looks like you started, got frustrated that it didn't look right immediately and gave up. I would keep painting. It looks like you have the shape down pat, its just a matter of painting it and fiddling I think. Perhaps a more experienced artist could back me up on that, but I think with a little more paint it would be easier to see how to help.
    Early to bed early to rise makes a man stupid and blind in the eyes - Orson Scott Card

Smile

Oh!
    I know exactly how you are feeling! I was just like you at the start. I was eager to get results and felt frustrated. Now, coming to your present work. I find that its a perfectly good start! A bit of patience and some more work and everything will come out right, I am sure.