ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: How do you draw a straight horizontal line?

How do you draw a straight horizontal line?

I can draw vertical and most up and down lines okay. I have a problem with lines which go downward at an angle or horizontal.
    If I turn the tablet, I am drawing in a direction that the line is not going. It is hard enough drawing one place and looking somewhere else.

Horizontal on the canvas is horizontal on the tablet. Have you tried using a ruler to see if your tablet works with a ruler? Open the stencils palette and choose ruler.
    It sounds to me like your tablet is not working properly. I remember suffering through a tablet that didn't work and I kept saying "this can't be right."
    Do you have the latest driver for your tablet?

Guess I am not used to the tools for digital. When I was drawing with tablet and pencil, I could turn the tablet. It is difficult to turn the monitor and keep it that way.
    I tried to turn the tablet and draw that way and that will require some practice.
    I just don't like using rulers. Maybe it is just me. I tried the ruler and it seems to work okay. Just never noticed it before.
    Thanks.

Lol don't be too hard on yourself Mr Brite, i can't draw them real well either yet, i tried turning my tablet around last night and it was disastrous, i think i've found the tablet needs to stay in one spot as you become used too it's relationship with the screen, other than that it's a matter of setting everything up ( in the tablet settings ) to give most flexibility as possible, meaning, you draw lines that aren't exactly straight but the tablet helps you rather than hinders you, i'll share my settings once i nail them
    Vista Business SP2 - 32 bit
    Hardrives - 320Gb main
    MB - Intel Core 2 CPU@2.4Ghz

Memory
    - 2 Gb
    Graphics Card
    - NVidiaGeForce 8800GT,190.62
    Cuda

Monitor
    - Hewlett Packard 22

AR3 Studio Professional Unleash The Full Power

I am working on a windmill now. Only when I do manmade things do I need this. God knew we couldn't draw straight lines so He didn't make any.
    Anyway, I have started placing dots along the path of the line and then just going from dot to dot. Seems to be working pretty good.

A while back I attached felt to the bottom side of a real ruler and I just use it on my tablet with the stylus if I don't feel like using the stencil ruler. It works quite well. It is better on my Cintiq at the studio but works fine on my regular intuos 2 at home.
    Be well,

"Teach, Learn, Thrive"~DM

That's a great idea Fashmir, i will try it tonight
    Vista Business SP2 - 32 bit
    Hardrives - 320Gb main
    MB - Intel Core 2 CPU@2.4Ghz

Memory
    - 2 Gb
    Graphics Card
    - NVidiaGeForce 8800GT,190.62
    Cuda

Monitor
    - Hewlett Packard 22

AR3 Studio Professional Unleash The Full Power

Dear Silent, you may put two rullers together very close, paint over the space with black paint, 'make a stencil' from this layer and 'save' the stencil, you can move the stencil around, spin it or make it bigger or smaller, may help a little sometimes,
    Attached Images Attached Images