Thread: laptops :)

Gallery
    View images

Exclamation laptops :)

man thank god for laptops and there batteries!! I was in the middle of my teapot painting awhile ago and i had been at it for a few hours and BAME!!! the power goes out and everything turns off. the laptop screen goes black and im like &^%%#$#@!#$$#%@@!%*%^)(&%^%#!!!!!!
    .........and then the laptop screen flips back on and my painting is still there. oh man i was so happy. that could have been awful.

has this ever happen to any of you?
    my work- gusion85.deviantart.com

Gallery
    View images
    My laptop stays on when the power drops off. I usually draw on the desktop and I was thinking of buying a UPS this morning when the power glitched and the computer restarted making me loose about an hour worth of work.
    Oh well, I needed to redo that part anyway. I save a lot more often today.

Gallery
    View images
    If my laptop runs out of power, it restarts and brings up everything it had before it ran out of power.

Blue screen of death? Nope.
    Power-cut? Nope.

But I don't mind too much.
    The story of us
    looks a lot like a
    TRADGEDY
    now.

Gallery
    View images
    yea thats why laptops are great. It saved my work because all the power in the house went out. not my laptop. what im really taking about is power outage to the whole house. my wiring suck in this house. my bulbs blow all the time the power goes out a few times every week. its so annoying . I just stop reseting my clocks because it happens so much. thats the main reason i dont use my desktop for art. the moral of the story is save save save. lol or have a laptop.
    my work- gusion85.deviantart.com

Gallery
    View images
    I don't have a laptop any more, but I lock all my doors and windows instead. This way the power can't go out.

--LES

Gallery
    View images
    Be careful with "power saver mode". What that does is shuts down everything but the RAM and the cpu caches. This does conserve power, but don't trust it past 20 hours on a fully charged battery. Less if you have more than 2gigs of ram or fewer than 4 cells in your battery, or if your battery is more than 2 years old.
    Early to bed early to rise makes a man stupid and blind in the eyes - Orson Scott Card

Gallery
    View images
    I can't count the times the battery in the LT has saved me from destruction.
    // "Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well." - Byron
    //
    My ArtRage Paintings Here
    // My Comprehensive AR4 & 3 Thread Here
    64 bit Win8Pro, 16GB Ram, Intel i7 Quad Core - 8 threads; Wacom Intuios 4