ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Inspirational Writing/Images

Inspirational Writing/Images

Sorry if this has already been posted.
    But...

Have you got any inspiration writing or images to share? I have one.
    It's something my mum gave me before I was even one year old...Here it is:

Desiderata

Go placidly amid the noise and the haste, and remember what peace there may be silence.

As far as possible, without surrender, be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and ignorant; they too have their story. Avoid loud and aggresive persons; they are vexations to the spirit.

If you compare yourself with others, you may become bitter or vain, for always will there be greater and lesser persons than yourself. Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans. Keep interest in your own career, however humble; it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time...Exercise caution in your business affairs, for the world is full of trickery. But let this not blind you to what virtue there is; many persons strive for high ideals, and everywhere life is full of heroism...

Be yourself. Especially do not feign affection. Neither be cynical about love; for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment, it is as perennial as the grass...Take kindly the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth. Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune. But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings. Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.

Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should. Therefore, be at peace with God, whatever you conceive him to be.

And whatever your labours and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life, keep peace in your soul. With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world.

Be cheerful, strive to be happy.
    Beautiful, isn't it? Many a time, it has inspired me or cheered me up when I am down. It is hanging on my wall, with a beautiful background. On the back, it says;

To Holly,

All my love.

Mummy.
    4th January 1998

And that itself inspires me too.

So, do you have anything beautiful, inspiring or spirit-lifting to share? If so, please, do.

Thank you for reading.

Last edited by weeun; 07-27-2009 at 01:38 PM.
    The story of us
    looks a lot like a
    TRADGEDY
    now.

I don't really have anything to share with you, but I am very glad that you shared with us. It's beautiful!
    Kind words can be short and easy to speak but their echoes are truly endless. ~Mother Teresa

http://rightbrainedmama.wordpress.com/

and, most especially, my photography at
    http://sweet-harmony-photography.smugmug.com/

http://foxytocin.deviantart.com/

I too have nothing to offer as of now, but I just post from a forwarded mail received by me recently. Hope that is acceptable here.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	securedownload1.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	141.7 KB 
ID:	30981
    The artist is the lover of Nature, therefore he is her slave and her master. - Rabindranth Tagore

Dear Ween, that is possibly the nicest post i have ever read, as the others, i have nothing to share but my gratitude for your posting such a wonderful piece.

I will however keep this post reserved as i may just come up with something else to share soon

Your Mother must be a very nice person

Edit: i now have a thought to share with you all.

When your feeling down and gray, when your feeling downright miserable, sing, open up your lungs and sing at the top of your voice, it doesn't have to be a song, you don't need to even have words, sing your thoughts out, even the grey thoughts, i guarantee that only after very short time you will be lifted up in your soul, Singing is at the very core of our soul, try it sometime, even if it's seems crazy to you, just... try it and see how you feel after it
    Last edited by Silentman; 07-26-2009 at 02:25 PM.
    Vista Business SP2 - 32 bit
    Hardrives - 320Gb main
    MB - Intel Core 2 CPU@2.4Ghz

Memory
    - 2 Gb
    Graphics Card
    - NVidiaGeForce 8800GT,190.62
    Cuda

Monitor
    - Hewlett Packard 22

AR3 Studio Professional Unleash The Full Power

Holly,
    Since first reading/hearing it, many years ago, I have strived to live my life by the philosophy set forth in "The Desiderata". There is a lot of "urban myth" surrounding it. Originally it was said to be the work of an unknown Monk and to have been found in a church in Baltimore, Maryland and to have been written in the late 1600s. In fact, it was written in the 1920s by Max Ehrmann (a poet and lawyer from Terre Haute, Indiana) in response to a challenge from his pastor, to the congregation, to write something inspirational.

The title is Latin for "desired things".

In the late 1960s, Lorne Greene (Bonanza TV series and a Canadian by birth) recorded a reading of the work that received a fair amount of radio "air play" here in The States.

To paraphrase the philosopher James Taylor:

"The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.

The secret of love is in opening up your heart.

It's okay to feel afraid,
    But don't let that stand in your way.

Now the thing about time is that time isn't really real.

Isn't it a lovely ride?"

A very early image from our friend Caesar. I remember telling him that this image was going to make him a superstar here.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by RobertSWade; 07-26-2009 at 04:22 PM.

Some beautiful thoughts and philosophies expressed in this thread. While we each have numerous touchstones by which we live; one that has served me well, especially during trying times, is short, straightforward and, I believe, wise...

"Worry is a misuse of the imagination."

That's a beautiful painting Ceasar
    Vista Business SP2 - 32 bit
    Hardrives - 320Gb main
    MB - Intel Core 2 CPU@2.4Ghz

Memory
    - 2 Gb
    Graphics Card
    - NVidiaGeForce 8800GT,190.62
    Cuda

Monitor
    - Hewlett Packard 22

AR3 Studio Professional Unleash The Full Power

Holly, Your Mother has handed you wisdom. Thank you for handing it to us.
    Be well,

"Teach, Learn, Thrive"~DM