ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: I cannot draw on some parts of the screen!

I cannot draw on some parts of the screen!

Well, I can't describe it good, but I have a picture.

Well, I can't start drawing after those things, and if I want to draw or paint over those lines, I must start in the middle and draw all the way over then, do what I wanted to do and erase the big line through the middle. Is there a reason for this?
    I've minimised the little menus and everything.
    Help please.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cant draw lines past.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	47.1 KB 
ID:	30935  
    The story of us
    looks a lot like a
    TRADGEDY
    now.

and did you check tablet settings? Maybe it's set on drawing only in that area?

Quote Originally Posted by emenemsbis View Post
    and did you check tablet settings? Maybe it's set on drawing only in that area?
    Nope. I unplugged my tablet. It doesn't work with the mouse either.

I have a bamboo fun, medium.
    The story of us
    looks a lot like a
    TRADGEDY
    now.

Can't understand your problem.
    Try starting a new ArtRage. Do a screendump and post what you see.
    DoodLS

I would suggest checking your mode Ween, i think your in "mouse mode" not "pen mode" you must be in "pen mode" to perform stabbing in the dark, or poking your pen around blindly lol, that's what i call it anyways hehehe.

Hope it helps

Col
    Vista Business SP2 - 32 bit
    Hardrives - 320Gb main
    MB - Intel Core 2 CPU@2.4Ghz

Memory
    - 2 Gb
    Graphics Card
    - NVidiaGeForce 8800GT,190.62
    Cuda

Monitor
    - Hewlett Packard 22

AR3 Studio Professional Unleash The Full Power

Can you let us know what operating system you're using there? Did the problem always occur or just start happening recently?

If the problem started happening recently, can you think of anything which changed on your computer at around the time it started happening?
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Quote Originally Posted by DaveRage View Post
    Can you let us know what operating system you're using there? Did the problem always occur or just start happening recently?

If the problem started happening recently, can you think of anything which changed on your computer at around the time it started happening?
    It's almost always been this way. Sometimes it lets me draw, then sometimes it doesn't. I've tried both pen and mouse mode. Same thing.

I'm running Windows Vista Home...I'm not sure if there's any particular type...

It seems to be doing the same at the top and left side of the screen too.
    I've done nothing to it and changed nothing. Only downloaded stencils. But it was like this before I downloaded any stencils, so that can't be it.

And it seems to have sort of 'spread'. The bottom right corner, it won't let me start drawing there either. Or the bottom left. Even with the tool panels minimised. Or the top right corner...Only the top left is working as it should.

The middle and top left corner of the screen are the only places I can start drawing.
    Also, when I say the corners, I mean a bigger amount of space than the colour and tool menus.
    Last edited by weeun; 07-29-2009 at 09:45 AM.
    The story of us
    looks a lot like a
    TRADGEDY
    now.

It sounds likely to be a problem with settings either in Ink Services or your tablet software.

Ink Services - Download this file:

http://www2.ambientdesign.com/files/no_ink.inf ( right-click, 'save link as' if using FireFox )

Place it in ArtRage's resources subfolder

e.g. c:\program files(x86)\ambientdesign\artrage 2\resources\ <-- file goes here

Then restart ArtRage to see if that helps. This turns off the use of Ink Services in Windows Vista, in case a setting there is causing problems.

Tablet software - Uninstalling then reinstalling the Wacom tablet software may help to make sure that everything is using default settings. If you're asked if you want to remove profiles and settings when uninstalling the tablet software, choose to do so. You can also download the latest tablet software for your Bamboo from www.wacom.com if you don't have that already.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design