ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Rebuilding

Rebuilding

I went to change the password on the other computer and got a blank screen. I decided to use System restore to go back a bit and got a blank screen there also.
    Got out the startup disks and am rebuilding that computer. First thing I reinstalled was the virus software.
    Some of the downloads are very long. I still haven't got around to updating the laptop for ArtRage. Maybe tomorrow I will find a place to hook it up and do it while I am doing the other one.

That's no good Ray, hope you didn't lose too much of your work
    Vista Business SP2 - 32 bit
    Hardrives - 320Gb main
    MB - Intel Core 2 CPU@2.4Ghz

Memory
    - 2 Gb
    Graphics Card
    - NVidiaGeForce 8800GT,190.62
    Cuda

Monitor
    - Hewlett Packard 22

AR3 Studio Professional Unleash The Full Power

My work was on this computer. It was my Son's computer that messed up. He lets anyone on it and I wanted to change it to stop that practice. They were just turning off the power to shut it down.
    He now has a password which he doesn't know and must now ask me to turn it on. If it messes up again, he will loose it for a day.

wow, funny you should mention that... I spent all day yesterday trying to figure out where I got a virus from. Totally messed up my day. Finally took everything off the main HD and put it on the secondary. Installed a new Safari browser and a new Firefox browser. Got the firewall up installed McAfee for mac... had to sign up for a beta program to get it. Usually not many viruses ever on a mac, but I think the malware writers must have got bored.

Beware of a little popup window that says your version of Flash is out of date would you like to update now?

I never got that one. I use Avast Antivirus. It seems to be very good.
    I think the problem with that one was that they turn it off by just turning off the power strip instead of going through the shutdown routine. After they do that a number of times, it messes up the computer.
    Also, the kids like so see what the different keys do and that doesn't help.
    I don't think a virus was in it this time or it would have got to both computers.

Finally finished rebuilding my Son's computer and also cleaning up my laptop and putting AR on it along with the drivers for my tablet. I had to clean up my small room to fit everything in. The scanner now is put away and the laptop is in its place for now.
    Now I can go back to drawing again.

OMG the pain I feel for you
    "I like to have a thing suggested rather than told in full. When every detail is given, the mind rests satisfied, and the imagination loses the desire to use its own wings."
    ~Thomas Bailey Aldrich~