ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Eraser only!

Gallery
    View images

Eraser only!

Hey everyone! I had this idea earlier, to paint / chalk/ watever the canvas a solid color, and then make a "painting" with just the eraser tool. I took a couple of attempts at it earlier, but I'm really not sure what to make with it yet. Figured I'd put the idea out there while I'm brainstorming. Will post my eraser painting later today or tomorrow in the meantime... maybe you guys could post something and give me ideas. lol
    "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away."

-- Henry David Thoreau

Gallery
    View images
    What a great idea
    Vista Business SP2 - 32 bit
    Hardrives - 320Gb main
    MB - Intel Core 2 CPU@2.4Ghz

Memory
    - 2 Gb
    Graphics Card
    - NVidiaGeForce 8800GT,190.62
    Cuda

Monitor
    - Hewlett Packard 22

AR3 Studio Professional Unleash The Full Power

Gallery
    View images

An AR design

This one was done in about 20 Ė 25 minutes, using only eraser and stencil. Only for the basic layer, the roller-paint tool was used for dividing horizontally into two different colors.
    As I was just experimenting, I didnít bother to take any screen shots and I feel what mentioned above is self-explanatory. I think more interesting work can be done using eraser alone.

Name:  EraseAR_A.jpg
Views: 668
Size:  47.1 KB
    The artist is the lover of Nature, therefore he is her slave and her master. - Rabindranth Tagore

Gallery
    View images
    Thanks. Thanks a lot!
    Here I was all prepared to do some of my actual rent-paying work today and YOU had to come up with an interesting challenge...sheesh!

Well, I did the first picture below with only eraser (although I created four layers, each in a shade of black, gray or white...maybe that was cheating).

When finished, I decided to definitely cheat a bit and do a little blending; the second picture below. Not much of a change but what the heck...

A fun challenge; a challenging challenge, too.

jb
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eraser challenge.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	40.8 KB 
ID:	30879   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eraser challenge with blending.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	40.0 KB 
ID:	30880  

Gallery
    View images
    WoW those are awesome guys
    Hardrives - 320Gb main

Memory
    - 2 Gb
    Graphics Card
    Cuda

Monitor
    - Hewlett Packard 22

Gallery
    View images
    Wow, I'm impressed you two! I hadn't considered layers jbyr, but I don't think it's cheating it was a good idea. Wonderful nightscape there. I tried to do a dove feather against a black background but it turned into something ghastly and formless... so I'm afraid I lied, and you'll have to wait just a bit longer to see mine. I'm trying though, really o.O haha
    "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away."

-- Henry David Thoreau

Gallery
    View images
    Interesting concept with, I think, a lot of potential. Let's hope more jump on this idea.

Gallery
    View images
    What a great idea Robert, i challenge everyone to have a go at eraser only art, i think it's a great concept and will really help to increase our understanding of composition plus light and dark study in general.

I'll have a go shortly myself
    Hardrives - 320Gb main

Memory
    - 2 Gb
    Graphics Card
    Cuda

Monitor
    - Hewlett Packard 22

Gallery
    View images
    I saw this and had to do one...I am always working with light and dark in all my work and so Voila! this is mine "A Winter Scene" a 3 minute doodle white chalk on the chalk board and erased to reveal a contrast picture. Hope you all like it ..Is this what you are asking for Canvasian ? I have done this before but using different colors and then just erasing the contrast out it's a total fun idea. thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	just eraser.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	100.7 KB 
ID:	30899  
    Last edited by cartuneman; 07-24-2009 at 04:59 PM.

Gallery
    View images
    That's a terrific example Cartuneman can't wait to see the rest, i think some amazing things are gonna come out of this thread, thanks very much for posting the thread Canvasian

I didn't mean to take over your thread Canvasian, it's just my bad manners lol
    Hardrives - 320Gb main

Memory
    - 2 Gb
    Graphics Card
    Cuda

Monitor
    - Hewlett Packard 22