ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: A flower

A flower

I started this one with pencil and then added an air brush. It took me a few hours and it is very rough as I am not used to the tools yet.
    Also, the flower is supposed to have 5 petals but I couldn't get them arranged right.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Very pretty - I love the zingy colours. I think it doesn't matter about getting the petals 'right' unless you're going for absolute realism. This has a soft painterly quality that works well. Maybe you could go for more depth by darkening the petals where they curve in towards the centre?

Those tools do take some practice, don't they. Are you using a tablet pen or a mouse?

Most of the time I am using my tablet. I just bought it so I am getting used to it also. I have been away from my drawing for a few years and am having to relearn again.
    I was using pencil, then I added colored pencils, finally a few years ago I went to soft pastels until I found out that they are not healthy. It is the dust. Then I went to oil pastels and finally drifted away from it until now.