Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My first ever painting !Ever!

Gallery
    View images

My first ever painting !Ever!

Well, i would like to thank you Mr Stencil for going to the great effort of putting all the sets of stencils together for the community, and also hosting them.

Those stencils have helped me a great deal to come from someone who has never painted at all ever, including at school, to someone who has today finished a painting, they gave me confidence to have a go

The only things that aren't stenciled are the ground, clouds and swing set, i know this isn't anywhere near what some of you can produce, but i am very proud of my 1st painting and i would now like to move on to the next project.

Enjoy

(click on image to get large size)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MrStencilGratitudeAward.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	252.6 KB 
ID:	30808  

Vista Business SP2 - 32 bit
    Hardrives - 320Gb main
    MB - Intel Core 2 CPU@2.4Ghz

Memory
    - 2 Gb
    Graphics Card
    - NVidiaGeForce 8800GT,190.62
    Cuda

Monitor
    - Hewlett Packard 22

AR3 Studio Professional Unleash The Full Power

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by Silentman View Post
    Well, i would like to thank you Mr Stencil for going to the great effort of putting all the sets of stencils together for the community, and also hosting them.

Those stencils have helped me a great deal to come from someone who has never painted at all ever, including at school, to someone who has today finished a painting, they gave me confidence to have a go

The only things that aren't stenciled are the ground, clouds and swing set, i know this isn't anywhere near what some of you can produce, but i am very proud of my 1st painting and i would now like to move on to the next project.

Enjoy

(click on image to get large size)

.what a precious first offering...i really like the pastels and the crackle effect.,I've always loved wood/rope swings.....certainly look forward to seeing more from you.

Gallery
    View images
    Ahh thanks Heaps MaryS <-- me blushing big time hehehe
    Hardrives - 320Gb main

Memory
    - 2 Gb
    Graphics Card
    Cuda

Monitor
    - Hewlett Packard 22

Gallery
    View images
    Well done Silentman and what a nice painting you have achieved too and you should be proud. So now Silentman lets see the second, third and fourth, this program is just so much fun so enjoy it, keep painting and keep posting.
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Gallery
    View images
    That's great. I love the symmetry and the crackle effect too. Let the addiction begin!

Gallery
    View images
    I love the crackle effect, and the birds and vines that you have on the top. Good job! ^^
    "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away."

-- Henry David Thoreau

Gallery
    View images
    Those clouds are the sweetest......
    Kind words can be short and easy to speak but their echoes are truly endless. ~Mother Teresa

http://rightbrainedmama.wordpress.com/

and, most especially, my photography at
    http://sweet-harmony-photography.smugmug.com/

http://foxytocin.deviantart.com/

Gallery
    View images
    Ahh shucks, thanks very much for your warm heartfelt comments

The crackle effect was done with Mr Stencils "Cracks" set of stencils, one on top and one on the bottom of the layer stack, both in Normal blend mode.

Thanks Foxy, i really didn't know what i was doing with the clouds, i re-painted them a few times and in the end discovered the "pallet Knife" lol it works wonders for clouds.

I realise i could have gone further, i could have fixed the shadows, i even missed rubbing out my sketch lines, i just wanted to move on. One of the things i was going to do and did do a little was fine texturing, on the flowers up top and such, but as i said, i got impatient and really felt like moving on (i think i will remove my sketch guidelines shortly though lol )

Thanks family (warm mushy feelings inside)

Col
    Hardrives - 320Gb main

Memory
    - 2 Gb
    Graphics Card
    Cuda

Monitor
    - Hewlett Packard 22

Gallery
    View images
    haha, I'm that way too Silentman... I start something and then start getting impatient mid-way through... even worse when I come up with a new idea mid-painting!
    "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away."

-- Henry David Thoreau

Gallery
    View images
    I love your painting Silentman. Hey- I was only able to get in a few quarters of art in high school as they were always full. Art school- a dream-so I purchased my art school through books I found here and there-ha! Welcome-and please keep drawing. All the best!