Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No Inspiration...

Gallery
    View images

No Inspiration...

I don't know why, but I haven't had inspiration for...months.
    I want to write or draw, but I can't.

When I open ArtRage, and try to draw, I can't, something's there, and it's stopping me, and I don't know what it is.

I want to write, but I can't either.

I've been feeling jealous of others recently.
    I see a good picture, or a good story, and I feel upset and angry at myself, because I can't write and draw like that.
    Sure, practice makes perfect, but what if I can't practice? When I 'practice', nothing comes to me.

I can't do anything anymore.
    I have no inspiration.
    And I've got writer's block and artist's block.

I see people here who can do a drawing or a painting everyday, and I get upset because I can't.
    I want to become an author when I'm older, part-time anyway, and possibly an illustrator, so I want to practice, but I can't.

Do you think it's because I don't get peace and quiet? I want a desk in my room but my mum says no. I have nowhere to sit in my room. And where I sit currently, people walk by all the time, shout, talk and play music I don't like.
    I have nowhere to go to sit and think.

I just feel so angry and stupid.

I don't know what's wrong with me. I used to be good at art and writing, but I don't know anymore.

I don't want you to tell me to practice, because I can't. I want a way to get over this artist's block, so I can draw without having to stop and erase it all.

Thanks...
    The story of us
    looks a lot like a
    TRADGEDY
    now.

irishrose Guest
    Hi Weeun,

I feel the same as you do. I'm so frustrated having children around all the time, making noise, asking for things, having to do the housework, cleaning, laundry, cooking, dishes, etc. when there is no time left for painting, and when there is, I'm too darn tired to even think about where to start.

Sometimes, when I'm looking for inspiration, I will look through some photos on Flickr or on the internet and if I see something that really makes me smile, I will try to draw or paint it, if I can't do that, I'll print it out or save it so that I can eventually get to the point where I can do a pull out the copy and draw it. I think maybe doodling may help. I know it helps me too. And also journalling, maybe writing your feelings down.. you may just come up with an idea.

Having people around all the time is a definite pull on creative resources, and that could very well be the reason. I find I need to work where there is silence, not a lot of noise or TV or music on.

I am much like you. Wanting but not being able to do. You are not alone. If you find the secret, let me know.

I feel for you. I would start with books maybe... something that interests you .. is it sketching? Is it painting? Is it a certain type of media or style like realism or abstract or impressionism. Then concentrate on the style you like and get a book that will teach you all about using a certain kind of medium for a certain style of drawing/painting. Then you may just get inspired. I never realized how much of an abstract lover I was until I went through some books on abstracts and I realized that I had been concentrating and getting SO frustrated with realism and making something look like a photo, that I would scrap my painting and just start over or give up altogether. With abstracts, I can just feel like there is no wrong to what I do and maybe have a vision about what I want the painting to look like, but not be afraid if it turns out a bit differently, which could be the best thing after all.

So try some different ways and whatever makes you the happiest and makes you look forward to getting up in the morning, that's what you want to concentrate on. If you don't look forward to painting or writing or drawing, it could be that it's not the thing that is going to drive you in your life. I have just found that out from experience.

Hugs and good luck finding your inspiration. Pass me a bowl when you find it. Rose

Gallery
    View images
    sometimes going into the art projects section helps a lot for me.... because it is more light hearted and easy going there... lots of projects to try and a whole bunch of different styles come out there and not so much performance pressure... some of the cutest little doodles work the best... Also a pencil an d a piece of paper to do a little sketch sometimes helps to get the creative juices going.
    I recently went through about 3 months of almost nothing... so I know what it is like. sometimes you can break the block by copying a classic artist you admire... that really helps with the color palettes and composition studies.
    Last edited by screenpainter; 07-22-2009 at 12:12 AM.

Gallery
    View images
    Take a deep breath and relax, it is only in the peaceful times that we will find our creativity. If your upset with things, deal with them 1st, if you can't change your environment around you, then make your environment elsewhere, i mean, grab a notepad or spoil yourself and buy and artists pad and some nice pencils, go out for the day into the bush or too the beach anywhere that is peaceful and quiet, this will help when you get back home to the madness.

I believe we are all the same, we are all going through our trials at the moment in life. For me it's separation from a very selfish and self centred women, who won't let me have quality time with my 3 boys, i will have to go to court soon to rectify this, so as i say we are all in the same tissue box, with many reasons to be distracted and ball our eyes out, the most important thing is to find peace within life's storms.

Stick in there and try some of the things i mentioned, especially the one about spoiling yourself and finding some peace in the out doors, as soon as you find your peace you will also find your natural inborn creativity, that we all have available to us, should choose to seek it out and employ it

Take Care

Col
    Vista Business SP2 - 32 bit
    Hardrives - 320Gb main
    MB - Intel Core 2 CPU@2.4Ghz

Memory
    - 2 Gb
    Graphics Card
    - NVidiaGeForce 8800GT,190.62
    Cuda

Monitor
    - Hewlett Packard 22

AR3 Studio Professional Unleash The Full Power

Gallery
    View images
    Dear Weeun, i don't know your age, but do know you are young and at home with your family, if they love you and are good to you most of the time you are lucky,,,, if you have a computer and ArtRage you are lucky, if you can read and wright you are lucky, get where i am going? count your blessings, draw and sketch when you can, keep it simple, have fun, i am old old old and am still amazed at the artists here, i will never be as good as i want to be, but i will still love to draw and paint as long as i can,,, yes, sometimes it would be easy to give up and then what,,, no way! and ArtRage makes it so easy to keep on drawing, do not give up, do your own thing whatever it is,,, look at some of the artists that got famous, you may think some of their works are is silly and some of it wonderful, it is so great that you can be yourself as an artist, relax and have fun, change your bad thoughts to good ones, break the habit of being mad, draw a little flower or house, color it in, get used to the program, take your time, no reason to hurry, you have years and years to learn,,, GOOD LUCK!!!!!!! xox

Gallery
    View images
    Also I just found a rose you painted which was really good for being any age even though you are eleven... I think you are doing great.

Gallery
    View images
    Another idea that comes too mind, when your feeling down and/or cranky, learn to paint those emotions, let me point you to a thread of Foxy's, she like many others including myself have trouble sleeping, so she painted that frustrating problem and in the process touched many of our hearts

The Link http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...ad.php?t=20375
    Vista Business SP2 - 32 bit
    Hardrives - 320Gb main
    MB - Intel Core 2 CPU@2.4Ghz

Memory
    - 2 Gb
    Graphics Card
    - NVidiaGeForce 8800GT,190.62
    Cuda

Monitor
    - Hewlett Packard 22

AR3 Studio Professional Unleash The Full Power

Gallery
    View images
    Weeun, I know all too well your situation. I grew up in a small 3 bedroom house with five sisters and one bathroom! I couldn't go anywhere and get any peace...not even the bathroom since it seems my oldest sisters were always in there! I honestly had no place of solitude but then nobody else in the house did either! I had to share my bedroom with two sisters for years and didn't get a bedroom to myself until I was 19 years old. My only refuge was to sit at the kitchen table to draw and hope for the best for privacy. As far as inspiration went for me when I was young was the comics in our Sunday paper or comic book (if I was lucky to have one). But you know, I was lucky to have sisters who liked to draw along with me and we had fun drawing and coloring together. We just had to make the best of what we had (and I still do that now that I'm 52 years old)!

I know that is easier to say than to do but it does work. Inspiration comes and goes for everyone even the ones that seem to have something painted or written everyday. They have their moments, too. It just doesn't seem like it to you at the time...hence, the jealousy. Just don't set your expectations so high or in line with others. You set your own pace and expectations with the knowledge or understanding that you will come across roadblocks along the way as a natural presence in your life to simply having to jump or climb over. You'll make it work...I have all the confidence in you in doing so!

Gallery
    View images
    Weeun, I agree with all the above and especially with gzairborne said on your fantastic rose.

Someone told me once that if you are in a situation that you feel you can't get out of and there is no way out...Go deeper into it! Sounds kinda strange but it works. Accept your situation instead of fighting it. Use it to your advantage. For example, use the chaos and distraction around you as a challenge. Like boot camp for an artist. Push yourself and never give up. You will emerge from this a far better artist than someone that is not challenged. Wow... I just motivated myself there...Cool! Good luck, keep your head up, and never let them see you sweat!
    "The significance is hiding in the insignificant. Appreciate everything."
    Eckhart Tolle

Gallery
    View images
    Thank you for all your kind words.

You made me feel a lot better.
    I have just had an idea for a painting, and I'm going to start it right now!
    The story of us
    looks a lot like a
    TRADGEDY
    now.