Thread: Missing Folders?

Gallery
    View images

Missing Folders?

Okay, when I'm downloading new stencils, I usually go to the ArtRage icon, then 'Open File Location' then I go to Stencils. Now, here's the problem. The first time I did this, I made lots of new folders, each for a different type of stencil, they showed up in ArtRage, so all was fine.

Then one day I went to the stencils folder, and all the folders I made were missing! I checked in ArtRage, they were there, but they weren't there when I went to the stencils folder.
    Ever since then, I've had trouble because I need to manually insert the stencils in, through ArtRage. Should I just make another folder and put all the stencils I am currently downloading in there (A LOT) or is there a way to find these missing folders?

Thanks.
    The story of us
    looks a lot like a
    TRADGEDY
    now.

Gallery
    View images
    I'm not sure if I understood right - do you see your stencils on computer, but not trough Artrage? Then I suggest to look for stencils trough search load stencil from the disc option
    I'm not sure, but maybe you have a lot more stencils, than memory of program allows, so this option will help you a little it's easy, and after making your icons big, you will see clearly what kind of stencil you will use

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by emenemsbis View Post
    I'm not sure if I understood right - do you see your stencils on computer, but not trough Artrage? Then I suggest to look for stencils trough search load stencil from the disc option
    I'm not sure, but maybe you have a lot more stencils, than memory of program allows, so this option will help you a little it's easy, and after making your icons big, you will see clearly what kind of stencil you will use
    No, I see the stencils in ArtRage, but the stencils don't appear when I look at them through the computer way.

So, they're missing when I look for them in 'My Computer', but they're there in ArtRage.

~~~~~

Oh sorry, I found them, they were hidden somehow. Sorry for the bother.
    Last edited by weeun; 07-21-2009 at 03:41 PM.
    The story of us
    looks a lot like a
    TRADGEDY
    now.

Gallery
    View images
    Any stencils you've added to ArtRage will be located in your user data folder. You can see a description of the location of user files in ArtRage here:

http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...6076#post56076

In Windows XP you can get to your Application Data folder by running ( Windows key + R ) 'Application Data'. In Windows Vista it's 'Appdata'
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design