ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Yellow Freesia

Yellow Freesia

Well, day two with the program and I keep trying to do something recognizable. I do have a tracing layer but I turned it off for the WIP snapshot. A lot of the time I'm just not sure what I'm trying to say with the painting. In the past I've let Pshop filter photos into drawings for me but would like a human touch.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	yellowfreesia.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	158.5 KB 
ID:	30708  
    RIP:tiny 1999 Wacom Graphire
    tablet: small Wacom Intuos4

Great start, Cynthia. It's worth mentioning that it took me a few images, and trying different tools (chalk, to my surprise, turned out to be my favorite so far) to "get" ArtRage. Keep working at it, you'll get the hang of it!
    WARNING: ArtRage can cause serious loss of time, and excessive smiling! Use with care! Frequently!

“All creativity is an extended form of a joke.” – Alan Kay

I agree completely with Chris. Cynthia it looks great.

its looking good. like they said just keep working at it. alot of times when im working on something there will come a point when its not looking exactly right and ill just keep on and before you know it you got something you like. so just keep the good work.

ps- also if you paint just like a gray background on another layer it will take all the white away and it wont seem so vast.
    Last edited by chambersecrets; 07-22-2009 at 05:23 PM.
    my work- gusion85.deviantart.com

Looks great...Keep fumbling around and you will find your way!
    "The significance is hiding in the insignificant. Appreciate everything."
    — Eckhart Tolle

It's really like re-discovering a language. I think back to how I used to sketch all the time for scenic design class. I have to remember how I did that.

About the only thing I'm missing is being able to double and triple load brushes with color. My later years have been with One-Stroke painting. But last night I was trying a new pen tablet and discovered the oil brush will dab paint if I tap the pen. So that puts me in mind of the stipple brush in that painting "system." (I don't know why I didn't think of doing it with the older tablet. It just came to me to try it.)
    RIP:tiny 1999 Wacom Graphire
    tablet: small Wacom Intuos4

Looking good!

Throw in a little chalk here and there and try painting a thinned out oil brush on top of it. Also the felt pens I have discovered are nice especially when you have meticulously stuck with the oil brush you need a break every once in a while... add a little felt pen. Break out the roller tool helps too particularly around size 1 to 5. A few pencil marks can give a real art effect. Sometimes for smoothing grab the airbrush.
    It has taken me a long time to try and put down the oil brush. I get so gravitated toward that thing. I think I get mesmerized by it.