ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: ''Artrage Virtual 3D Art Gallery''---UPDATE 10/04/09

Gallery
    View images

''Artrage Virtual 3D Art Gallery''---UPDATE 10/04/09

UPDATE 10/04/09

AR ART Gallery & Orianelima's AR ART Gallery=3d Reality

hi all...here's a sampling of the progress we've made so far...this is just one version of two versions we're working on...I just threw this vid together to show our progress for now..it only has one artpiece in it for now,,,,.it's just the first floor, and the camera walk-thru will be better on the final versions...I built the structure/building in multi-levels, because of the terrain...n it's the first 3D building I've ever built, by myself. the other version is only one level cause it's setting on level terrain (see the AR 3D Gallery pics that I posted first) but it will probably be several floors high....and we hope to use it for the main AR Gallery if we can get some techy things worked out...I'll post a vid of the other version asap...well, just wanted to let you all know that we are making progress., just not sure which version we'll wind up with. thanks for dropping by.

http://s863.photobucket.com/albums/a...ines-01d-v.flv

(Original Post ; )
    hello everyone.... this thread is dedicated to the ''Artrage Virtual 3D Art Gallery'' project and is also dedicated to Orianelima, because he conceived the idea of an ''Artrage Art Gallery'', which led to the ''Artrage Virtual 3D Art Gallery'' becoming a reality (via me and James creating our 3D version).. you can go to this link and check out the ''Artrage Art Gallery'' paintings that Orianelima has created.
    .orianelima
    since this will be an on-going project, I'll be posting updated images of the progress .
    here are the specs ;
    We have the foundation started, we're starting out with one very large room that will have wall petitions that we'll be placing the art pieces on. we're hoping eventually that we can make the AR Art Gallery interactive, where the viewer can travel thru the Galleries at their own will, but for now it will be setup so that it will 'appear' as if someone (the viewer) is walking thru each room and up to each art piece.we' re in the process of installing doors and windows right now, and adding embellishments to the outside of the building.
    our plans are to start out featuring at least 3 or 4 of each artist's paintings (a wall for each artist), , then asap, hopefully create a room for each artist, that will be decorated in a way to compliment each artist's art pieces. (if you have a preference of colors, let me know.) we will be adding extra upstair floors as we need them to accomidate Artrager's Artpieces.
    If any of you are interested in this concept, or would like for your art to be featured in this AR 3D Art Gallery, then l'd need for you to send me 4 of what you consider to be your best paintings. Anyone interested in this project will receive their own personal copy of the main AR Gallery as soon as it's finished, (as well as a copy of their own personal Gallery if all goes well). and as I've mentioned earlier, this project won't cost anyone any money at all............ you can either send your 4 paintings to jamesnmary@valornet.com, or you can post your 4 paintings in this thread if you'd like to.
    .as for size and dpi specs of images for the AR 3D Gallery,.... .150 or 300 dpi would be accepted . it isn't mandatory, but it would be helpful if you could send 3 sizes of each image.... a thumbnail size, a 640x480, and a 1024X720 or 800x600. but if you can send only one image of each of the 4 art pieces, any size ( listed here or not) it will be accepted.. ..it would help to ensure your art pieces didn't 'fuzz' up tho if you could send the mentioned sizes. . . . . as for how many megs or kilobytes . . I know that sometimes quality is lost in smaller size meg's and kilos. . . . and... the less meg's the better when it comes to building 3D projects, but just send what you have, it'll be accepted,regardless of how many megabytes or kilobytes it is. and when you send your art pieces, please specify if there is a particular color and/or theme you would prefer for your Art Room so that we'll have that info when we get to that phase of this project. ...and however you send your paintings, plse state the name that you want featured on your wall/room.(example; Donna Smith's Art Gallery,,'',,''' Art Of Donna Smith'',,etc...) you can use your AR username, or your real name, whichever your preference is.
    I'll post pics of the main building later, but am posting pics of one of the sections that will be attatched to the outside of the main building..(plse keep in mind that these are 'rough draft' images).....just lmk if you would like more info... ttyl
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AR 3D ART GALLERY ByJamesnMary-1A.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	56.7 KB 
ID:	30701   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AR 3D ART GALLERY ByJamesnMary-1D.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	51.0 KB 
ID:	30702   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AR 3D ART GALLERY ByJamesnMary-1E.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	49.3 KB 
ID:	30703  
    Last edited by MaryS.Hines; 10-04-2009 at 07:43 PM. Reason: UPDATE 10/04/09

Gallery
    View images
    Wish you good luck and all success in the ensuing project!
    With best wishes always.
    The artist is the lover of Nature, therefore he is her slave and her master. - Rabindranth Tagore

Gallery
    View images
    This is an awesome and revolutionary idea, once my painting is up to standard i will most certainly be inquiring about a wall
    Vista Business SP2 - 32 bit
    Hardrives - 320Gb main
    MB - Intel Core 2 CPU@2.4Ghz

Memory
    - 2 Gb
    Graphics Card
    - NVidiaGeForce 8800GT,190.62
    Cuda

Monitor
    - Hewlett Packard 22

AR3 Studio Professional Unleash The Full Power

Gallery
    View images
    awesome!! i mentioned in the main post that i wished someone would do this. So im glad to see it happening. also what program are you using to do this?
    good job!!
    my work- gusion85.deviantart.com

Gallery
    View images
    OMG! that's sweet!! or cool, tight, sick or what ever word these days depicts really nice ore neat-o hahahahaha

Gallery
    View images
    Wow Mary, what a fantastic gesture and heck a real job you have got there. I wish you the very best of luck as I think it will be a mammoth task, one that my little blond brain wouldnt know where to start. Go for it Mary, all the Artragers are behind you. Ohhhhhhhhhhh I am so excited, I think Oriane will be too.
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Gallery
    View images
    Hi Mary,
    Very interesting project. Since you are going to be modelling it in 3-D may I recommmend a software called SketchUp? It is by google and it has a fully functional free version. It is a software I have found to be incredibly easy to use. I'd even go as far to say it is the artrage of 3D programmes.
    I showed the basic tools to my eight year old kid and she could model simple things in 20 minutes flat.

It would be also be possible to upload the model on google earth where anyone can actually access it. We could locate the gallery at the Artrage address.

It would also be possible for people to navigate & realtime walkthrough the 'Gallery' if they download the model and the viewer.
    Now THAT would do real justice to Oriane's and your ideas!

Anyone else interested can download the free version from www.sketchup.google.com.
    The more hair I lose, the more head I get.

Gallery
    View images
    wenkat, Silentman, chambersecrets, cartuneman,coops, flyashy..thanks to all of you for your support...we're making progress ..will be posting some more updates shortly.........................flyashy, that would be a great idea, but to my understanding of google sketchup,,,their requirements are that you have to take pictures of an already physically existant building,,build a replica of it in sketchup,,making sure that you paste the pictures that you took of the real building onto the replica in a precise manner,,and then, it still has to meet all their mandatory requirements and must pass approval before it will be allowed to be uploaded to their google site....cause they're building real maps of real towns/cities.......so,,,that just knocks this project right out of the saddle as for qualifying for upload to their site...but like I was saying, we'll be posting updates in the next few days,,..thanks again for everyone's support....ttyl
    Mary
    Last edited by MaryS.Hines; 08-04-2009 at 09:54 AM.

Gallery
    View images
    Hmmm Flashys idea has merits, if the building say wasn't near any other buildings, ahhhh what am i thinking never mind lol
    Vista Business SP2 - 32 bit
    Hardrives - 320Gb main
    MB - Intel Core 2 CPU@2.4Ghz

Memory
    - 2 Gb
    Graphics Card
    - NVidiaGeForce 8800GT,190.62
    Cuda

Monitor
    - Hewlett Packard 22

AR3 Studio Professional Unleash The Full Power