ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Begginer on the loose!

Smile Begginer on the loose!

I am totally new to Artrage, in fact, i am new to graphic design - to this point I am versatile with MS Paint. I am only using the dumbed down free version of ArtRage, so, I am just working my tail off to pay for the real thing. ( I am a forestry worker in real life ). I want to post my sketches because I want to know how to improve my work. I have a tendency to work very quickly, I find that after a few minutes my pieces get worse; perhaps because of my inexperience. Any comments are more than welcome, like I said i do not consider myself a trained artist at any level so, please bear with me. Also, I am using Artrage with Linux and wine, and a genius tablet ( the result is really all that matters anyway ).

I also uploaded the trace image for the caricature of pj harvey
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ArtRage Starter Edition - A Work Of Art 3212009 51107 PM.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	128.5 KB 
ID:	30695  
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Welcome to here. Looks like you're off to a good start
    One of the users here le-mec created a fabulous 2hour painting tutorial on youtube which has some great suggestions for how to approach painting in artrage. Here is the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84MUPYNEY0E

just plugging 'artrage' in as a youtube search will yield many more instructional vids.

the tips and tutorials section of this site has some great info. Hanzz, another forum user has put together a list of the tuts available here http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...ad.php?t=12938

hope this helps

thanks

it sure does help, information is the new gold

i was looking around and wondering about using other people art, i suppose that swiping other peoples work is ok if you have permission, otherwise it would be wrong

any comment?

i want to build web sites, and the process of creating original art has turned out to be harder than i was expecting

d

Using an image can be helpful, however most are tied up in copyrights that would give the best lawyer a headache.

So here is where you get the 'GOLD' (leprechaun optional)
    http://www.everystockphoto.com/

open the advanced search on the right:-

under the 'licence' dropdown enter any of the following (these are the free and free for use licence types)

• public domain,
    • freerangestock
    • imageafter
    • Morgue File License
    • NASA
    Any of these licences mean that the photo is free for use in either commercial or non-commercial products. You can do whatever you like with the image as long as you dont claim it as your own photo or repackage it as part of a photo stock library and sell that. So you can post these on your website as is, or altered (painted, illustrated etc) completely legally with no licence worries or headaches and none of the link back to me rubbish.

PS/ Bookmark that one its a ripper, also, morguefile is down at the moment so links to those photos might not work for a week or so
    Last edited by Juz; 07-21-2009 at 01:38 PM.

irishrose Guest
    Welcome Dirtslayer! I like what you're doing already, and your job sounds fascinating, I'm sure it can also be very challenging! Yes, there is a copyright nearly all work out there unless the painter/author of the work has been dead for over 70 years... this is why so many people use the Master's works to copy and learn.

But keep up the good work, you will get there.

The best, Rose

Welcome, Your off to a great start, please keep posting your work...

Welcome to AR! There is a ton of tutorials on here that are great to learn from. Keep at it and paint paint paint!
    "The significance is hiding in the insignificant. Appreciate everything."
    Eckhart Tolle

job fascinating ?

my job is strenuous, tedious, and blistering - i planted 50,000 trees in 39 days this spring - i will be going to fight fires later this week - ya, forestry work is not for the faint of heart

i suppose the more you learn about any job the more you realize it was not what it seemed at first

after 18 years in forestry, web design sounded like a staycation (recently added word to websters) but again, i was wrong, i find it hard to sit in a chair

d

thanks rose

hey rose, i went to your blog site, wow, nice work, you mention on the site that you are thinking about selling your art,

part of what i have been trying to figure out is how to own an e commerce website that does not cost any money to host (ie no monthly fee)

i did figure out a way to do it and it is not that painful, since i just started in this web design stuff it is a bit rough around the edges, i have already taken an order and gotten paid, the site was started less than a week ago with nothing at all

selling on the internet is not complicated until you try to hire someone else to set up your cart thingy, well, i said stuff that and made one myself

now i just need a portfolio, hell ya, this is going to be my new career

http: //sites.google.com/site/savywebdesign/purchase-online-1

d

So much fun. Wonderful start.