ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: virus??

Exclamation virus??

anyone on here any good at getting rid of virus's. i was watching a movie online and BAME!!! i got the hijackthis but i have know idea how to really read and learn from. I have avg and it found some of them but i think some are still lingering around.
    my work- gusion85.deviantart.com

Quote Originally Posted by chambersecrets View Post
    anyone on here any good at getting rid of virus's. i was watching a movie online and BAME!!! i got the hijackthis but i have know idea how to really read and learn from. I have avg and it found some of them but i think some are still lingering around.
    Well, best thing is to not panic. Which I can see you aren't doing. You handled that part well.

I don't know if you have AVG free or the full edition, but I think they both work extremely well.

I reccomend another few scans, and make sure they're set to be slow, because a slow scan picks up every bad thing, as opposed to a fast scan quickly searching each file, and it ends up missing something.

After scanning them, if something comes up, make sure it is put in the virus vault and do what you wish from there.
    And if nothing comes up, AVG either hasn't picked up the virus, or all the viruses are gone.
    I reccomend downloading another reccomended free and safe anti-virus and scanning it with that too.

However, AVG is said to be the best of the best, in the computer magazines I read and on the internet.
    So don't panic, scan your computer a few more times, and relax.
    I doubt AVG will have left any out.
    But I know it can happen.

Good luck!

P.S. I know how it feels, quite recently, I went on to a site by accident, and it installed a virus on my laptop, luckily, I did a scan with AVG and it got rid of it for me.
    The story of us
    looks a lot like a
    TRADGEDY
    now.

Go to www.safer-networking.org download Spybot S & D and run it. Hijackthis is really for pro use you can really stuff your pc by messing with it. Also as Weeun said AVG is very good but don't have more than one Antivirus running at the same time.

Hi chamber,

If you do a full scan with AVG (which is a pretty good virus program) and you're still experiencing system problems, chances are you've either got something that hasn't been put in the virus database yet or your system files have been damaged or quarantined. Another possibility is that the malware in question is blocking your antivirus from functioning properly.

You have a few options.

You can hop on another, known clean computer and get a copy of a portable antivirus that will install to a USB key like ClamWin Portable, Portable Antivirus or Microworld Free Antivirus (can't give you the links because I'm only a junior member, sorry. Just google them). Install one of them to a USB key and bring it to your infected computer, then run it. That should eliminate any known malware hanging around the machine and fix your existing antivirus, although I would recommend reinstalling AVG after you've done it.

To find out if you have a virus that blocks AV, just try surfing to any antivirus site like McAfee or Symantec (again, use Google since I can't type links in). If you can get to these sites in your browser, chances are you do NOT have AV-blocking malware, and your problems stem from system file damage.

In the case of system file damage I would still recommend you try one of the portable AV tools just to make sure, then try running a Windows system repair from your Windows install disk. If that doesn't work, then your final option (which is the one I usually jump to anyway just to make sure) is to back up all your important data, wipe and reformat the hard drive, and then reinstall Windows. It takes about an hour or so, but it's worth the peace of mind. And, realistically speaking, I wipe and reinstall Windows every six months anyway just to keep my machine running smoothly (although Windows 7 seems to be a new and delightful exception to that rule).

If you wipe and reinstall Windows, and still experience problems, then the behaviour is most likely hardware-based. I would take your machine down to the shop.

These are best practices for do-it-yourself virus removal. I would also suggest that you take your machine down to a local computer shop, since most of them offer specials on virus removal and system tuning.

i have SD and for some reason now it want come up. ive used it for years and now for some reason it want work. ive re-downloaded it twice and still nothing. also it took my firefox and i had to re do it too. another thing its doing is when i search something in yahoo or google etc... when i click the link in the address bar its says (www.windowsclick.com/ blha blha. so i searched that and its also some type of virus that attacks os. so this is my 2nd scan with avg and its now been 4 1/2 hours so im doing the ssslllooowww scan lol. any other free virus programs that wont give me more virus's lol.

yo- im also running clamwin at the same time of my usb drive.

Hey chamber,

Make sure only one AV scan is running at a a time, they can interfere with each other. Wait for the AVG full scan, shut AVG down, then run a ClamWin full scan.

Sounds like you defeinitely have a persistent infection with the browser url susbstitutions etc. If two passes of full scans from 2 different AVs don't sort it out, I would say it's back up your data and wipe time.

i think your right. good thing is my fiance's Dad is a computer wiz and he can do all kinds of good stuff. so i geuss after these scan ill back it all up and take to him.

Please let us know the outcome, the fine details Secrets, don't keep this one a secret lol
    Vista Business SP2 - 32 bit
    Hardrives - 320Gb main
    MB - Intel Core 2 CPU@2.4Ghz

Memory
    - 2 Gb
    Graphics Card
    - NVidiaGeForce 8800GT,190.62
    Cuda

Monitor
    - Hewlett Packard 22

AR3 Studio Professional Unleash The Full Power

Also run full scan in safe mode can help too.