ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Random Tutorials---Fingernail Polish Bottle--New Tutorial Added 7/26/09

Gallery
    View images

Random Tutorials---Fingernail Polish Bottle--New Tutorial Added 7/26/09

I first posted this in the AR forum art gallery, but I thought I'd try n give a short tutorial on the basis of how l painted this oil painting ; (the gif I've posted here shows a resemblance of a step by step process of how I painted this oil painting)
    first I'd like mention that I did do some blending without layers at times, but used layers to create this painting.
    for each of the fruit, I painted their foundation base shape with a dark orange or almost orange-red mix.
    then I chose a color that was a few shades lighter than the foundation base color to give them their neutral tones. . . .
    then I chose a color a few shades lighter than the mid-tone base to lighten and give-them a sense of depth. ....
    and then I chose a color that was a few shades darker-than the first foundation base to use as a shader (which was applied mostly to each of their right sides and any 'sunken' areas of their tops) the reason I applied the shader color mostly to their right sides is because I was tryinq to give the impression that the light source was mainly coming from the left top side of the canvas.
    then I used a mixture of yellow, orange and white to highlight them with.
    I posted 5 paintings to let you see the different effects that various light and color adjustment filters can achieve.
    Well, hope this helps in your exploration of painting.
    I just created a Tutorial vid of me painting another different apple in AR and posted it to my Photobucket account....I wound up having to divide the one video up into 3 sections...been working on it almost 2 days almost nonstop,...whew!... but it's finally done ....I used metallic paint and I only used one layer in this tutorial. (and you can watch my pointer/curser as I blend the colors) I had to speed the vids up in order to downsize for uploads, but I think they turned out ok..
    .Oil Painting Tutorial By Mary Sylvia Hines Painted in Artrage 2
    VIDEO PART 1 URL ;
    http://s164.photobucket.com/player.s...fs=1&os=1&ap=1
    Oil Painting Tutorial By Mary Sylvia Hines Painted in Artrage 2
    VIDEO PART 2 URL ;
    Oil Painting Tutorial By Mary Sylvia Hines Painted in Artrage 2
    VIDEO PART 3 URL ;

Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by MaryS.Hines; 07-27-2009 at 04:37 PM.

Gallery
    View images
    A good tutorial for practice. For novice like me, it would have been better had you given the screen-shots with xplaination on mode of blening the layers.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Last edited by wenkat; 07-19-2009 at 10:49 PM.
    The artist is the lover of Nature, therefore he is her slave and her master. - Rabindranth Tagore

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by wenkat View Post
    A good tutorial for practice. For novice like me, it would have been better had you given the screen-shots with xplaination on mode of blening the layers.
    Thanks for sharing!
    bi, Wenkat.... sorry bout that... if I'd known that I was going to give a tutorial for this one, I could have gotten screenshots of various steps, etc. , but I just now decided to try and give a written tutorial for this one after reading a comment that someone left me in the art gallery forum. when I mentioned 'blending the colors' I mainly meant that at times instead of painting on a separate layer, I just painted directly on the last coat of paint that I had just applied. ...but first I made a duplicate of the last layer that I had painted, just in case of any irreversible mishaps. hope that helps.

Gallery
    View images
    nice tutorial! i also try and blend and paint on one layer. I will use multi layers but i try to keep it with just one layer for the most part. good though.
    my work- gusion85.deviantart.com

Gallery
    View images
    Very nice...Well done tutoriel...Thanks...

Gallery
    View images

updated tutorials

wenkat, chambersecrets, weembaman,,just wanted to let you know that I updated this post with some links for a 3 part video tutorial......I thought I was posting a link for the entire vid tutorial in that earlier link that I left, but apparently it was only about half of the vid (I'm limited to the amount of files I can upload at one time on my free account there, )...but anyhows, check out the 3 tutorial links in my first post of this thread if interested..thanks for dropping by..ttyl.

Gallery
    View images
    Thanks Mary for the clarification and helpful hints!
    The artist is the lover of Nature, therefore he is her slave and her master. - Rabindranth Tagore

Gallery
    View images
    Sweet as Mrs Hines can't wait to have a look, it's on my to do list for today
    Vista Business SP2 - 32 bit
    Hardrives - 320Gb main
    MB - Intel Core 2 CPU@2.4Ghz

Memory
    - 2 Gb
    Graphics Card
    - NVidiaGeForce 8800GT,190.62
    Cuda

Monitor
    - Hewlett Packard 22

AR3 Studio Professional Unleash The Full Power

Gallery
    View images

Sunflower Tutorial Added 7/24/09

you're welcome, wenkat. . ...nice to have you join this thread, Silentman, . . I'm going to go ahead and put a link here in this comment for another video tutorial that I just finished. it's only bout 2 minutes long, just a quick-paint of a sunflower. in the video you'll see me adding a dark color to the petals before I paint the petals. . . I added the dark color first to give it shadow/ depth. hope this vid helps.
    here's the link for the Sunflower Tutorial:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sunflower1-MarySHines-3G-wsig-1.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	74.3 KB 
ID:	30910  
    Last edited by MaryS.Hines; 07-25-2009 at 12:33 AM.

Gallery
    View images
    Thanks for these tut's Mary, any chance of hearing your beautiful voice in any of them
    Vista Business SP2 - 32 bit
    Hardrives - 320Gb main
    MB - Intel Core 2 CPU@2.4Ghz

Memory
    - 2 Gb
    Graphics Card
    - NVidiaGeForce 8800GT,190.62
    Cuda

Monitor
    - Hewlett Packard 22

AR3 Studio Professional Unleash The Full Power