ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Tracing images

Tracing images

Good day friends ,..iam new to Artrage and was wondering if i could upload a tracing image,..then upload ANOTHER tracing image,..then merge the 2 together?....any help would surely be appreciated!! Thank YOU

Well sure, if you mean that you would like to post more than one image "sketch" in the same post, then just continue to upload another file via the upload manager.
    Vista Business SP2 - 32 bit
    Hardrives - 320Gb main
    MB - Intel Core 2 CPU@2.4Ghz

Memory
    - 2 Gb
    Graphics Card
    - NVidiaGeForce 8800GT,190.62
    Cuda

Monitor
    - Hewlett Packard 22

AR3 Studio Professional Unleash The Full Power

Quote Originally Posted by JakkFlakk View Post
    Good day friends ,..iam new to Artrage and was wondering if i could upload a tracing image,..then upload ANOTHER tracing image,..then merge the 2 together?....any help would surely be appreciated!! Thank YOU
    I think I interpret your question different than SilentMan???? I think you are asking if you can import two tracing images into ArtRage and merge them to make one image for tracing. So I'll answer from that perspective.

If I'm correct, I don't believe that you can use the "import tracing image" feature in AR to do this. It only allows one tracing image to be loaded and visible at a time. (The Rage team or someone else will have to confirm this, but I haven't found a way to do it.)

There is an alternative that I think might meet your needs:

1. Use the "Import Image to Layer" function on the AR file menu to import the two images. Each image will import to a separate layer.

2. Use the layer options selector on each layer to change the layer opacity to 50% for both layers. The two images will appear merged together, though faded. (Note: You can use the "transform layers" function to scale the images and align them to meet your composition requirements.)

3. Make a new layer above these two layers for tracing. When tracing you can increase the opacity of either of the images at any time to make one more prominent so it is easier to see what you are tracing for select areas of either image.

4. When finished tracing you can delete the "tracing layers" or simply turn them off so they are not visible. Turn them on again whenever you want.

I hope this helps and that I've addressed the right question.

Best, Byron
    Last edited by byroncallas; 07-14-2009 at 04:10 PM.
    // "Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well." - Byron
    //
    My ArtRage Paintings Here
    // My Comprehensive AR4 & 3 Thread Here
    64 bit Win8Pro, 16GB Ram, Intel i7 Quad Core - 8 threads; Wacom Intuios 4