ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Water

Water

My try for some water.. Any tips? It's part of a bigger piece I'm working on, but I have to redo the rest anyway..
    Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Update

Update! This is the complete painting (unfinished)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	schilderij_3.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	99.2 KB 
ID:	30386  

Hi qdudu,

Looks like a very good start -- your rocks and that dead treetrunk are really pretty good. You might want to find some photo references for water... it looks like maybe you're trying to guess what it would look like.

Luckily, Mr. Internet is your friend here :-) Specifically, I recommend going to the Flickr Search page and searching for something like 'stream'. I always click the "Only search within Creative Commons-licensed content" button to make sure I'm playing nice.

You can find things like this picture or this picture -- images like that should help a lot.
    WARNING: ArtRage can cause serious loss of time, and excessive smiling! Use with care! Frequently!

“All creativity is an extended form of a joke.” – Alan Kay

Coming along nicely qdudu, i agree with Yachris, and i also think your bank is missing pebbles and stuff, the slopes as well, i think it's needs the smaller things added to create depth and and interest
    Vista Business SP2 - 32 bit
    Hardrives - 320Gb main
    MB - Intel Core 2 CPU@2.4Ghz

Memory
    - 2 Gb
    Graphics Card
    - NVidiaGeForce 8800GT,190.62
    Cuda

Monitor
    - Hewlett Packard 22

AR3 Studio Professional Unleash The Full Power